Wanted to Buy - Travis Bean pickups

Sell and buy at your own risk...

Wanted to Buy - Travis Bean pickups

Postby jeffm725 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:52 am

I am looking for two (but would be happy to score just one neck) pickup for a Travis Bean TB1000.
.......................................................have you heard the one about the yellow dog?
jeffm725

Re: Wanted to Buy - Travis Bean pickups

Postby broesau » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:21 pm

http://www.travisbean.de/parts.html

I don't know how legit this guys website is, but maybe he is at least using the TB specs. Some other members may know more about this German Travis Bean website.

Bill
broesau
Terrapin
Terrapin

Postby drkstrcrashes » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:48 pm

I assume that you are looking for the double humbucker types found in the 1000S and 1000A guitars? The ones with metal covers? if so, it would be a miracle to find one. The next best thing is to ask this guy to make you a clone. Only bad thing is he won't stamp the words "Travis Bean" on the metal covers:

http://baileycustomguitar.com/

By any chance if you are looking for pickups to fit a TB500 model guitar, I actually have two originals that have never been used. Then I also have a pair of clones in white and a pair of clones in black.
Greg is a super nice guy. Not the fastest worker, but gets the job done and does it well. Good luck.
drkstrcrashes
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Postby jeffm725 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:14 am

thanks guys, I am looking for the Humbuckers for the 1000s and 1000a for a good friend whos bday is coming up in a few weeks. Scott M from Max Creek/Mike Gordon Band/Kreutzmann trio. He has a 1000A that he played in late 70's before he got his Ibanez Musician. The neck pickup is shot. He is a big gearhead and a bunch of Creek fans want to surprise him with a gift at his BDAY show in late october. I have been charged with finding something he really WANTS, and I know hed love to have the Bean up and running again.

John I know if you can't find 'em nobody can!

What sucks is a pair of Humbuckers for the 1000 went on ebay just 10 days ago. I missed the listing by 2 days. They ended uo going for 515 and I certainly would have paid that.
.......................................................have you heard the one about the yellow dog?
jeffm725

Postby waldo041 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:54 am

I would consider finding a good place to get it repaired. If it is just a rewind, that could save you some pennies. I'd try a shop like Brawers.

~waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Return to Garage Sale