Primo parts throughout, customized and assembled by renowned Baltimore luthier Phil Jacoby, finished by ex-PRS craftsman Chris Bavaria, and best of all - no up to a year or more wait!
This guitar is an awesomely built, stunning head-turner that sounds and plays even better than it looks! Though there is some natural oxidation on the brass parts, if there’s a scratch on the wood, I can’t find it. Price the parts and by-hand work yourself to appreciate what a deal this axe is. I’m selling it now only because Jacoby has since built me a second Jerrycaster totally by hand and that’s the only Jerry guitar I play now.
- Warmoth WGD body, Malagasy rosewood top on ribboned mahogany w/maple pinstripe, rear Jacoby-cut custom Indian rosewood shielded backplate, Dunlop straplocks, gold jack plate
- Warmoth Pro angled neck with Jacoby-installed ebony cap, Brazilian rosewood fingerboard, custom-shaped headstock based on Doug Irwin’s Garcia guitars, rolled fretboard edges, 6150 true jumbo frets, custom-cut 1 11/16” brass nut, brass truss rod cover, comfortable 10-16” compound radius, original ’59 Roundback carve shaved-down-a-bit-by-Jacoby to perhaps a tad thicker now than a PRS wide-thin , Sperzel gold 3+3 Trimlok locking tuners
- bridge Dimarzio Super Distortion PUP, middle and neck Dimarzio Super 2’s w/brass 3-pickup ring
- Jack of Roses custom brass Irwin-style stoptail with Tone Pros Tune-A-Matic bridge
- on-board unity gain buffer (it's either a CAE CB1 or Wald Electronics unit, both are great, I have them in multiple guitars, I frankly can't recall now which is in this one
) w/internal, long-lasting, standard 9V battery
- Garcia-style on board effects loop (OBEL) w/dual jack outputs (1st = post-buffer/pre-guitar controls stereo effect loop in/out; 2nd = traditional post-controls mono out from guitar to amp; using the mono jack alone defeats the OBEL so the guitar is usable in any setting)
- 5 way switch with middle position being neck and bridge PUPs in parallel (LP middle position)
- volume and tone controls; pulling up tone control gives middle PUP alone (set the guitar Garcia style with the tone control up, pop it down for a full range of other tones)
- 3-way minitoggles for each PUP: split; full HB; both coils in parallel
- control cavity fully paint-shielded with metal foil on control backplate
- all custom work and electrical settings and wiring by Phil Jacoby personally using top shelf components like CTS posts and Switchcraft switches
- weight: approximately 8 ½ lbs. (using my admittedly inexact floor scale so consider this ballpark); and the guitar is set up to perfection
- Jackomo stickers for headstock, fretboard, and body (Rosebud) inlays (authentic-looking, high quality, long-lasting – I’ve never needed to replace them but if you do, they’re readily available and reasonably priced – the best of in class for these sticker types – easily added, easily removed)
- Coffin brand hard shell case included (outdoors) (outdoors) (outdoors)
Disclaimers: I'm happy to share whatever relevant gear knowledge or experience I have. Genuflection/payment/proof of worthiness neither sought nor accepted. I don't design, build, market, sell or endorse for pay any new music product or service. I occasionally sell personal used gear. I am an unpaid endorser of SoundScaper Productions and Godfrey Daniels Guitarworks.