Let it Grow

Musical Theory Abound!!!

Postby mttourpro » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:47 pm

Thought I'd add what I believe is a correction on a couple chords in the Break and the 3rd part of the Jam...I pasted what is written above and put what I believe are the correct chords below the incorrect ones. I put the correct chords in parentheses for the break.

Break | Em / B / | G / | Em / / / | C / G / | Bm7 / / / |

| Em / B / | G / | Em / / / | D / / / | A / / / |

|G / Bm7 /| Em / G / |C G D Em|
(Bm7/F#) (D)

It isn't a big change, but it does sound better when you play the walkdown with the bass. Maybe it's just something keyboardists and bassists would be playing,
but it is definitely a different sound. IF that G chord is right I would still play the D in the bass.I've always played a D chord there. I'll have to check it out more thoroughly when I'm in front of a piano, but that's what I've always played on it (perhaps incorrectly?).

Also, for

Part 3 of Jam ||: E F# G / | E F# G F | E F# G E | Esus2 / / / :||

I've always played it as

E F# G / | E F# E F# G A | E F# G A B min

Thoughts on this....I'm gonna try both ways and see.

Never ceases to amaze me that despite having played this music for a long time, every once in a while I learn that I've been playing something slightly wrong....though sometimes I see tab/notation that is also wrong. I guess sometimes it also depends on what version/era one is going by as well.

I just edited this to try and make the (D) go right under the G after the Emin in the Break...but, for some reason it will not move anywhere other than where it is.

let your life proceed by its own design....

Return to The Think Tank II