Ibanez Artcore

Musical Theory Abound!!!

Postby WSPHead » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:16 am

I have an 81 Ibanez AS200. Great guitar. Scofield has said the early 80s Ibanez guitars were much higher quality than what Gibson was selling.
WSPHead
Wavy Gravy
Wavy Gravy

Postby weirimpressed » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:42 am

that guitar is beautiful, I cant wait to upgrade my axe to something on that level. I have a AG series Ibanez right now, and I absolutely love it. It has a faded look, which is I think is pretty unique considering I havent seen another one like it. gotta love semi-hollowbodies!
weirimpressed

Postby bucketorain » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:49 am

strumminsix wrote:Hajimemashite, I'm glad you are happy but I still stand behind my statement of questioning every guitars build quality.

Ibanez makes FANTASTIC gear. However, they've put out some real crap too. Many of the smaller semi-hollow bodies were too neck heavy to play comfortably. I'm not the only one who has said that either.

IMO, a quality build should result in a well balanced guitar.

i agree, doesnt matter if it's made by fender, gibso or prs, you have to inspect the guitar. there can always be duds...for an example i was looking at a SG yesterday and the strings we miss alligned...

if you or anyone is interested in buying a guitar, bring someone with you that plays and ask them what they think. they may spot something you are not seeing or feeling. sometimes we get blinded by the price and shinnyness of the new guitar...
YOU KNOW IT'S GONNA GET STRANGER
www.otrpresents.ca
bucketorain
Magic Hand
Magic Hand

Postby jamri » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:30 pm

I have the AS73... awesome guitar; it looks great, its very light, the bridge makes switching strings so much quicker. It has a nice construction and it sounds great too, I wish I had a decent amp to play it through. I got it for $275 at a Guitar Center. It was basically the cheapest guitar there and probably a better buy then a Mexican strat(about $450 I think). I definitely recommend the Artcore guitars.
jamri
welcome
welcome

Postby Larree » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:46 am

I had one for a little while. Definitely a very nice ax for the price!
<A HREF="http://iacmusic.com/Stations/KIAC1593.htm" target="_blank">Click here to listen to my music, or add my music to your own website for free!</A>
Larree
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Postby Mick » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:27 am

I agree with the idea that you should closely examine the quality of EVERY guitar before buying it, ESPECIALLY if you are buying it from somewhere like Guitar Center, and even more so if the price seems to be a bargain. When I bought the guitar I am playing now, I was in Guitar Center and they had a nice Gibson, I can't remember the series, maybe SG? I was thinking this should be a $1500 guitar and they have it on sale for $1200. So I play the thing for a while off the bridge pickup and it feels really nice and has a nice meaty tone like one would expect. So I switch to the neck pick-up and the thing is just dead, hardly makes any sound at all. So, bad pick-up, right? I tell the salesman that it has a bad pick-up and he just looks at me and in total dead-pan matter-of-fact tone says "Really? Well, you might be right." and puts it back on the wall where I found it. Caveat emptor!
Mama Mama many worlds I've come since I first left home.
Mick
Jerry
Jerry

Postby xStonr » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:02 pm

I've had my AS 73 for a couple of years now. For the money these Ibanez guitars can't be beat. I've since changed the pickups to a set of Vintage Vibe P90 humbucker sized and now this thing can be extra sweet or roar like a beast.
xStonr
Wall of Sound
Wall of Sound

Postby DooDahDan » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:45 am

I have a AFS85T. Very good guitar for the money. Only complaint is the frets are a little dinky for my taste.
DooDahDan
Brent
Brent

Previous

Return to The Think Tank II