Mr. Brown
Punky Reggae Party
"Is maith an scéalaí an aimsir." Time is a great storyteller. -- Irish Proverb
Lunchbox16
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Re: Favorite Bob Marley songs?

Postby EsteemedLocomotive » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:54 pm

The 14 min solo acoustic medely with cornerstone, this train is bound for glory, happiness, stir it up, and more i can't recall.
"I forget what happened after that... Oh yeah I remember! Right, right after that running down the beach, a pack of germean shepherds chased by a mad sea serpent that had crawled out of the..." -Weir 12/18/73
EsteemedLocomotive
Rosebud
Rosebud

Postby EsteemedLocomotive » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:57 pm

ANyone know which of the Wailers are actually still in the group? I went to see them in DC last month, only 3 of them looked old enough to have been Wailers. Anyone know which ones they were? I believe it was the Drummer, and trumpet and bass.
"I forget what happened after that... Oh yeah I remember! Right, right after that running down the beach, a pack of germean shepherds chased by a mad sea serpent that had crawled out of the..." -Weir 12/18/73
EsteemedLocomotive
Rosebud
Rosebud

Postby warrenMFKNhaynes » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:30 am

I saw the Wailers like 2 years ago and thought it was a great show. Saw em' about a year after that and they did THE SAME SHOW!! very disapointed.
warrenMFKNhaynes
Magic Hand
Magic Hand

Postby Lunchbox16 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:33 pm

Couldn't have been the drummer - Carly Barrett was killed in the 80s. Most likely it was the bass player - Familyman Barrett, and one of the keys and/or guitar players. Perhaps Al Anderson, Junior Marvin, or "Wire" Lindo are still around, but I can't confirm that. (I think Wire was a percussionist, but he didn't play kit). The Wailers never had permanent horn players.
Lunchbox16
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby jlg327 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:46 pm

I saw the Wailers a couple of times while I was in college (1999-2003). At that point, they still had Al Anderson on guitar, Aston "Family Man" Barrett on bass, and Earl "Wya/Wire" Lindo on keys (and I think the "I-Threes" were there, though I could be wrong). Earl seemed to have some problems, almost OCD-ish. Just looked him up on wikipedia and it says he took some bad acid back in the 70's which caused psychiatric problems. A shame...
jlg327
Brent
Brent

Postby EsteemedLocomotive » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:40 am

Yeah, it might have only been the bass player. They played the entire Exodus album, sounded really good, good venue as well, but that band definately has a LynrdSkynrd kinda lineup if you know what I mean.
EsteemedLocomotive
Rosebud
Rosebud

Postby rathi » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:42 am

My favourite songs of Bob Marley are: All in One, Bird in Hand, Could You Be Loved, Fallin In & Out Of Love .

A great list of Bob Marley songs can be found at:

http://www.song-list.net/bobmarley/songs
rathi
welcome
welcome

Postby jerrys.kids » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:27 am

just saw them at copper mountain last week. soooo much fun. anderson is still wit em. he kept making ganja references. he said he talked to the sheriff and not to worry about a thing. smoke them spliffs. got some video but im not really sure how to post it.
"Mama said, don't go near that river."
jerrys.kids
Pigpen
Pigpen

Previous

Return to The Think Tank II