Football season...

Musical Theory Abound!!!

Postby Mick » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:41 am

Dozin wrote:One last thought the NFC does not match up with the AFC.


One quick fact, although I know the insertion of facts into trash-talking nonsense is nothing but annoying, the result of the 64 inter-conference games for the 2007 season was . . . . 32-32.

Although I have many times seen the above assertion, that the NFC does not match up with the AFC in this day and age, I have yet to see a factually supported justification for it.

Please note that the preceeding has nothing to do with what I think about Eli. But as long as I brought it up....

To think Eli has "come of age" in the last 4 weeks is silly at best. I think what we have seen is that the guy has put together three solid performances back-to-back-to-back, which I think is a really good thing. He has convinced me that he likely has more potential than I was giving him credit for a month ago, but I think he still has a long road in front of him to become the kind of quarterback so many people expect him to be. That said, can he put together another solid performance and give the Giants a chance to win the whole enchilada? I think so, but I won't be surprised if he doesn't. Either way, I WILL be surprised if we don't see the Eli we are all used to in at least a couple of games next season, and probably for a few more years after that.
Mama Mama many worlds I've come since I first left home.
Mick
Jerry
Jerry
 
Posts: 434
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:46 am
Location: Northern NJ

Postby Dozin » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:43 am

Oh gee i don't know maybe because the Giants faithful came out of the closet because their team somehow made it into the playoffs.

Eli threw for 20 interceptions this year. And this is what the Giants fans looked like
[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=W1yXJak4Sdg[/youtube]
How easily we forget

So they some how managed to make it into the playoffs. Dallas was starting their downfall weeks ago and the Green Bay game was Favre's worst game. Now there in the Super Bowl. You Giants fans (and my best friend is one of them) were saying how Eli SUCKS the game before the Pats. All of a sudden Eli is better than his brother because of how things worked out for the Giants, come on now.

I think Giants D will be exhausted by the second half because the time they spend on the field. Brady will pick them apart.
Last edited by Dozin on Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
"If you get confused,...
Listen to the music play"
User avatar
Dozin
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1012
Joined: Thu May 20, 2004 5:27 am
Location: New Hampshire

Postby ebick » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:52 am

krzykat wrote:See thats what i was thinking too, but everyone is saying that Brady is a pocket passer, and doesn't move around alot.


Which (alleged) ankle is it? Is it his plant foot. That would affect any passer.
Ed

First Show - 5/5/77
Last Show - 3/28/93
User avatar
ebick
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1161
Joined: Tue May 11, 2004 7:34 am
Location: Orlando, FL

Postby Dozin » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:56 am

The ankle will be a non factor. I can't believe the hype on this.
Image
"If you get confused,...
Listen to the music play"
User avatar
Dozin
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1012
Joined: Thu May 20, 2004 5:27 am
Location: New Hampshire

Postby ebick » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:01 am

Dozin wrote:Oh gee i don't know maybe because the Giants faithful came out of the closet because their team somehow made it into the playoffs.

Eli threw for 20 interceptions this year. And this is what the Giants fans looked like
[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=W1yXJak4Sdg[/youtube]
How easily we forget

So they some how managed to make it into the playoffs. Dallas was starting their downfall weeks ago and the Green Bay game was Favre's worst game. Now there in the Super Bowl. You Giants fans (and my best friend is one of them) were saying how Eli SUCKS the game before the Pats. All of a sudden Eli is better than his brother because of how things worked out for the Giants, come on now.

I think Giants D will be exhausted by the second half because the time they spend on the field. Brady will pick them apart.


I haven't forgotten any of that, and I know more poor Eli decisions lie ahead. As for the Packers/Farve comment....same could be said about the Chargers game. They moved the ball on you. Without LT they couldn't close the deal, and Rivers was obviously playing in great pain.

All I am saying is that 7/8 of the world has already annointed the Pats champs. If Eli does have a solid game and doesn't make the stupid mistakes, the Pats will have to be at their best. If they (the Pats) are, they will likely win. But they definately can not mail it in.
Ed

First Show - 5/5/77
Last Show - 3/28/93
User avatar
ebick
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1161
Joined: Tue May 11, 2004 7:34 am
Location: Orlando, FL

Postby Dozin » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:19 am

I agree, they still need to play the game. But as a guy who watches a lot of football I think this Giants team is somewhat a little over rated.

Oh yeah, the chargers didn't score a TD in that playoff game
Image
"If you get confused,...
Listen to the music play"
User avatar
Dozin
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1012
Joined: Thu May 20, 2004 5:27 am
Location: New Hampshire

Postby ebick » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:03 pm

Dozin wrote:Oh yeah, the chargers didn't score a TD in that playoff game


That was my point. Do you think that that would have been the case with a healthy LT? I think they might have gotten in a couple of times.
Ed

First Show - 5/5/77
Last Show - 3/28/93
User avatar
ebick
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1161
Joined: Tue May 11, 2004 7:34 am
Location: Orlando, FL

Postby Dozin » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:24 pm

ebick wrote:
Dozin wrote:Oh yeah, the chargers didn't score a TD in that playoff game


That was my point. Do you think that that would have been the case with a healthy LT? I think they might have gotten in a couple of times.



Maybe he would,.. No, I don't think so I think the Patriots held him to 43 yards the first game they played.

How bout Plaxico opening up his trap and predicting a score. What a jack ass. He opened up a can of worms for himself and a possible personal ass whippin'
Image
"If you get confused,...
Listen to the music play"
User avatar
Dozin
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1012
Joined: Thu May 20, 2004 5:27 am
Location: New Hampshire

Postby shakedown_04092 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:09 pm

Obviously the Giants are a good team, and yes, I can even admit they deserve to be there because they earned it - that's why they play the games.

I think the big thing people have with the Giants is that they aren't and weren't the best team in the NFC this year, and not even the 2nd best, or even 3rd best. I'll give them the 4th best, but seriously, even you hardcore NYG fans have to admit that Dallas & Green Bay were better. I guess you can make an argument for Seattle, but I'd still say they were better than the G-men this year.

But you know what? Doesn't matter now because all of those teams were sent packing - by the Giants, no less. So hell yeah they deserve to be there - they beat the best in the NFC and earned that right.

But the Pats know how to win. They KNOW how to win, and they know what is riding on this game, and that's not pressure, it's motivation, so Ed, when you say they've got more at stake or more pressure on them, I agree in a way, but that's not a negative thing weighing on their mind. No no no....that's exactly the way they want it. That's not to say the Giants don't have an equal amount of pressure though: if they lose this game, everyone will be like "see, they didn't even deserve to be there" and I know none of the Giants want that moniker attached to their season.

I hope we see a good game, and I hope to see the Pats win and complete something that is fucking incredible in today's game of football.

GO PATS!!!
Play music, expand the mind, inspire...

"We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey" - Japanese poet Kenji Miyazawa

www.myspace.com/heavydime

Image
shakedown_04092
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1225
Joined: Sun May 22, 2005 11:51 am
Location: Portland, ME

Postby ebick » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:59 pm

shakedown_04092 wrote:if they lose this game, everyone will be like "see, they didn't even deserve to be there"


Not everyone.....not me.

My perspective......didn't expect to be here and it's been a great ride, no matter what happens Sunday.

Do I want them to win, of course.
Will I be disappointed if they don't, of course.
Will I be mad? Likely not. One case I could see for that would be if they had the game won and did something to shoot themselves in the foot or there was some really blatent zebra intervention.

If they get beat I will say that I'm not surprised, I saw what the Patriots did to a lot of teams this year, and that they lost to one of the all-time greatest teams in NFL history.....no shame in that.....no questioning if they deserved to be there.
Last edited by ebick on Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ed

First Show - 5/5/77
Last Show - 3/28/93
User avatar
ebick
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1161
Joined: Tue May 11, 2004 7:34 am
Location: Orlando, FL

Postby krzykat » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:33 pm

ebick wrote:
shakedown_04092 wrote:if they lose this game, everyone will be like "see, they didn't even deserve to be there"


Not everyone.....not me.

My perspective......didn't expect to be here and it's been a great ride, no matter what happens Sunday.

Do I want them to win, of course.
Will I be disappointed if they don't, of course.
Will I be mad? Likely not. One case I could see for that would be if they had the game won and did something to shoot themselves in the foot or there was some really blatent zebra intervention.

If they get beat I will say that I'm not surprised, I saw what the Patriots did to a lot of teams this year, and that they lost to one of the all-time greatest teams in NFL history.....no shame in that.....no questioning if they deserved to be there.


I'm right there with you ebick. everything you said i concur with and i'll add that if the GIANTS weren't in the super bowl i would be rooting for the apts.

Lets not forget that Belechek was the defensive coordinator for the Giants first two super bowl victories. An undefeted season in this day and age of free agency is amazing. What the pats have achieved is incredible.

. . . all good things in all good time
Image
User avatar
krzykat
Senior Member
 
Posts: 886
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:21 pm

Postby tigerstrat » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:51 pm

All in all, I'd say the Redskins have hosted far and away the greatest Grateful Dead concerts of any NFL team.
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
User avatar
tigerstrat
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4628
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:20 pm
Location: Portland,OR

Postby Dozin » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:56 pm

I agree with RFK. Rich Stadium has had some good ones, same with Giant Stadium.
Image
"If you get confused,...
Listen to the music play"
User avatar
Dozin
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1012
Joined: Thu May 20, 2004 5:27 am
Location: New Hampshire

Postby Tennessee Jedi » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:14 pm

What about Oakland Coliseum?
Did the Raiders play there?
How about Soldiers Field in Chicago?
Jerrys Last Show....... :(
User avatar
Tennessee Jedi
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4222
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:29 am
Location: Bucks Co.Pa

Postby krzykat » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:23 pm

Starting on friday sirius is going to be doing a stadium series of shows. Can't wait to hear what they play
Image
User avatar
krzykat
Senior Member
 
Posts: 886
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:21 pm

PreviousNext

Return to The Think Tank II

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest