Football season...

Musical Theory Abound!!!

Postby frankielee » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:25 am

Hmmmmmmmmmmm...It wasn't too long ago that the Giants nearly beat the Patriots.
"Don't go mistaking paradise for that home across the road."
frankielee
Jerry
Jerry

Postby Dozin » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:44 am

You guys really need to think what was going on in that last game against the Giants,..RECORDS It was important to get the records. Forcing the ball down field, eyes on Moss and finally the record was broken in the 4th.

If you think Eli is all of a sudden that all pro football player I think your sadly mistaken. I doubt a light switch just turned on for Eli and now he's awesome. I'm sure we'll see the Eli of old, fumbles and interceptions. When it does happen, everyone will be like, of course, it's Eli.

One last thought the NFC does not match up with the AFC.
"If you get confused,...
Listen to the music play"
Dozin

Postby frankielee » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:44 am

I did not say anything about Eli... If the Giants defense plays like they have been I think they will beat the Pats
"Don't go mistaking paradise for that home across the road."
frankielee
Jerry
Jerry

Postby SoulShakedown » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:57 am

Dozin wrote:You guys really need to think what was going on in that last game against the Giants,..RECORDS It was important to get the records. Forcing the ball down field, eyes on Moss and finally the record was broken in the 4th.

If you think Eli is all of a sudden that all pro football player I think your sadly mistaken. I doubt a light switch just turned on for Eli and now he's awesome. I'm sure we'll see the Eli of old, fumbles and interceptions. When it does happen, everyone will be like, of course, it's Eli.

One last thought the NFC does not match up with the AFC.

An expected and biased opinion from a New Englander. How silly people become when their team is contending for the championship.

The NFC, currently hold 19 Super Bowl Championships to the AFC's 18. Perhaps you'd like to add that to your thoughts.
His job was to share the light, not to master.
SoulShakedown
TC
TC

Postby Dozin » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:14 am

Apparently your not living in the now. The AFC is far more dominate than the NFC in this decade. The AFC has won every Super Bowl except one.

Eli's qb rating before the Pats game was 51

It's not bias at all. I think I was stating the facts.
"If you get confused,...
Listen to the music play"
Dozin

Postby LazyLightnin » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:28 pm

Hmmmmmmmmmmm...It wasn't too long ago that the Giants nearly beat the Patriots

key word here is "nearly"
LazyLightnin

Postby krzykat » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:51 pm

One fact you overlooked dozin is that the Giants had the most sacks in the NFL this season. We got to Brady and will do so again. Great defense against a great offense. Even as a NY fan i can recognize what Brady and the Pats have done. Trust me i can talk smack with the best of them, but i know that we weren't supposed to be the ones in the big game, but on any given sunday any team can beat any other team! The Pats aren't unbeatable, just unbeaten.

oh yeah, the NFC might not match up with the AFC, but the GIANTS do match up with the pats :mad:

:thewave:
krzykat

Postby shakedown_04092 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:57 pm

Dozin wrote:Apparently your not living in the now. The AFC is far more dominate than the NFC in this decade. The AFC has won every Super Bowl except one.

Couldn't have said it better.

Also - I believe the Pats had the 2nd most sacks in the NFL, no? So let's not forget about that, nor try to inflate the Giants sack record more than it is worthy of. The Pats offense, however..... :wink:
Play music, expand the mind, inspire...

"We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey" - Japanese poet Kenji Miyazawa

www.myspace.com/heavydime

shakedown_04092

Postby shakedown_04092 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:01 pm

krzykat wrote:
Dozin wrote:hmmm.

Patriots 42
Giants 17

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

I'M CRYING THATS SO FUNNY.

realistically
Giants 24
Pats 21
this is going to be a good game, and good games are
usually close, at least lets hope so!

Funny thing is, I had a premonition yesterday and mentioned to my buddy that I just saw the numbers in my head of the final score, Pats 42, Giants 27.

GO PATS!!!
Play music, expand the mind, inspire...

"We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey" - Japanese poet Kenji Miyazawa

www.myspace.com/heavydime

shakedown_04092

Postby tigerstrat » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:37 pm

I've seen Dead shows at the home fields of:

Chicago Bears '91,92,93,94
Minnesota Vikings '86
New England Patriots '89
Buffalo Bills '86,89
New York Jets/Giants '89
Washington Redskins '89
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby jjbankhead » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:32 am

Dozin wrote:Apparently your not living in the now. The AFC is far more dominate than the NFC in this decade. The AFC has won every Super Bowl except one.

let's not forget Brandon Jacobs is going up against a front seven that have not been spectacular against the run these past few weeks,not terrible, but, seriously if LT played last week i'd have won that bet. and Maroney is going to get shut down by the giants front 7 which leaves brady and his new pimp limp without a Play action.

He will get put on his back as often if not more then the last match up (which the giants were only a drive/int away from winning).

if you ask me (and i know you didn't) the Giants are on a roll and have just come from beating the Packers who were the 2nd overall offense in the NFL,

i wouldn't count the giants out at this point in time.

as far as the AFC being so much more dominant...

you may want to look here
www.nfl.com

The Dominant AFC had the best overall Offense this season but the runner up was greenbay then Dallas then New Orleans, then Indy (who granted would have ranked higher if they had been healthy all season long) matter of fact out of the top 10 offenses in the NFL only 5 in the top 10 are from the AFC.

dominant??????

defensively... again 5-5 though there are more AFC teams in the top 5 the top 10 defenses in overall stats is split 5-5. AND the majority of these top 5 teams either did not make the playoffs or were eliminated by the end of the 1st round.

so how and where is the AFC so much more dominant then the NFC??

all i am saying is don't get too cocky this is football and anything can happen.

i already have my money riding on the giants.
jjbankhead
Mickey
Mickey

Postby LazyLightnin » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:20 am

is anyone else SICK of that Brady Bunch spoof they beat to death on sportscenter every night? :x
LazyLightnin

Postby krzykat » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:49 pm

here are a few of the biggest upsets in superbowl history. these teams were given no or little chance to win, but they did!!

Super Bowl XXV - New York 20, Buffalo 19
Not only was this one of the biggest upsets of all-time, but also one of the best games of all time.

The line on this game was only seven points, the reality was that most people though the Bills would smoke their downstate neighbors with that devastating no-huddle offense.

Well, using the tried-and-true method of pounding the football on the ground and playing punishing defense, they did just that. The defense kept the K-Gun holstered. The offense just kept the ball (for 40 minutes). Oh yeah, there was also the small matter of a 47-yard field goal that sailed wide right.

Super Bowl IV - Kansas City 23, Minnesota 7
With a 28-point swing in the expected and actual outcomes, this is second to only SB III (29) for the largest upset ever.

Even after the Jets subdued the Colts in Super Bowl III, the wise guys still didn't respect teams out of the AFL. The Chiefs were given a robust 12-point cushion against the Purple People Eaters.

However, Kansas City responded by stomping on Minnesota's throat and taking a 16-0 lead into halftime. Chiefs quarterback Len Dawson (12-for-17, 142 yards and a touchdown) shook off allegations that he was consorting with big-time gamblers to post an MVP performance.

Super Bowl XXXII - Denver 31, Green Bay 24
I think this is one of the most underappreciated upsets in pro football history. People seem to forget that the defending-champion Packers were solid 12-point favorites in this game. And rightly so, they were the defending champions and seemed poised to create the Next Dynasty.

What's more, the NFC had won an astounding 13 consecutive championships. And the games weren't close. In the eight games prior to SB XXXII the NFC won by an average of 20 points.

But John Elway, who watched his teams get outscored 158-50 in his first three Super Bowl appearances, was able to exorcise the demons. Well, he had a little help from a guy named Terrell Davis (30 carries, 157 yards, 3 TD's).

Super Bowl XXXVI - New England 20, St. Louis 17
The Greatest Show on Turf had run roughshod over the NFL in 2000-01. The Rams were absolutely blasting people, winning by an average of two touchdowns per game.

New England came in looking like the Bad News Bears. Between the Tuck Rule and a fluky conference championship win, the Patriots seemed like they would be no match for St. Louis.

But like Parcells managed 10 years before, Bill Belichick devised a game plan that kept the Rams offense off the field. St. Louis tied the game with 90 seconds remaining, but Adam Vinatieri's 48-yard field goal capped this stunner.

Upon completion of this NFL feature view Doc's NFL Europa page Our understanding odds page is also must read when studding the NFL. Our Wagering Guide for NFL page is also a valuable tool for your NFL research. For 35+ years the team at Doc's Sports Service has provided and insight on NFL handicapping.

Super Bowl III - New York 16, Baltimore 7
What can I say about this game that can't already be said? The Jets started as 18-point underdogs, and watched as the line actually steamed to 20 by kickoff.

Three touchdowns. When adjusted for inflation, that's like a 42-point line. Those are Baylor numbers. But Joe Willie came through, and the rest is history.
krzykat

Postby ebick » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:08 am

I was glancing at a sports page before a flight yesterday morning. On the "Super Bowl" page, I saw the Giants mentioned only once.....at the top of the page, it said Super Bowl XLII Giants vs. Patriots. Everything else on the page was about New England.

All the pressure is on NE. The Giants are playing with house money and no respect. That is where they have performed best this year.

Of course, if they do pull off the win, how long do you think it will be before we hear "yeah sure, but if Brady was 100%......."

LET'S GO GIANTS!!!!!
Ed

First Show - 5/5/77
Last Show - 3/28/93
ebick

Postby krzykat » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:02 am

See thats what i was thinking too, but everyone is saying that Brady is a pocket passer, and doesn't move around alot. We aren't trying to pump up the Giants stats, the people rooting for the Pats are down playing them.

Why is it so hard for New England fans to admit that the Giants are a good team, and deserve to be there?

I understand team loyalty, but should we also respect the opposing team?
krzykat

PreviousNext

Return to The Think Tank II