would it be lame

Musical Theory Abound!!!

Postby LazyLightnin » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:51 pm

ya try one lesson and see how ya like it, thats prolly your best option. 8)
LazyLightnin

Postby dahmbomb » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:06 am

Lazy Lightning - That sounds totally logical :-) Nice work.
dahmbomb
tiger
tiger

Postby Hajimemashite!!! » Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:32 pm

I would say commit to lessons. One lesson is not really going to give you an idea, especially since first lessons are gonna be where the teacher is gonna find out what you know and how you can use it, then work up from there.

taking one or two lessons is a waste, you need time to learn. go for the lessons dude.

and dont worry about becoming lessoned out or whatever. hasnt happened to me at any time over the last 4 or 5 years. My teacher has taught me so much, much of which i could have never learned on my own.

plus he got me into jazz which ill be forever grateful for

of course teaching yourself things is a great idea but you can only get so far. teach yourself outside of guitar lessons, while applying the knowledge of your teacher and the doors will open!

works for me
Hajimemashite!!!
Pigpen
Pigpen

Postby myoung6923 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:20 pm

The thing that lessons gave me was the motivation to do the practice to learn the new material. You know, if you are taking lessons and the instructor gives you some stuff to work on - you don't want to go back a week later and not know it - you feel like a douche. So you'll make sure that you do the work that you need to get done so that that doesn't happen.

I found that I learned much more, much faster taking lessons than I did doing it on my own - for that reason alone. Left to my own devices I'd be lazy about practicing the boring or repetitive or hard stuff.

Lessons are great.
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us

http://www.fennario.us
http://www.youtube.com/fennarioband
http://www.facebook.com/fennarioband
myoung6923

Postby xero92 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:39 pm

it all comes down to the teacher... if they are just teaching you chords and scales and that is it and you arent feelin it then find somebody new... a really good teacher will just let you go your own way, but they will guide you that way, or if you dont konw where you want to go, they will give you a few paths that they think are right for you to follow...

thats what i call a good teacher at least..
Faring thee well now, let your life proceed by its own design!
xero92
Brent
Brent

Postby krzykat » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:43 am

I've been thinking about getting some lessons too. Knowledge is power!

remember what the door mouse said . . . FEED YOUR HEAD
krzykat

Previous

Return to The Think Tank II