Thank you, and a random thought.....

Musical Theory Abound!!!

Thank you, and a random thought.....

Postby jackaroe1276 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:10 pm

First I just want to thank everyone here for giving opinions on my song. Not only has it helped me come out of my shell, but it really forces me to think as a musician and analyze things before I put them out there. Your feedback has been so invaluable! Hell, even if you hate my songs, tell me why so I can work on things to become better.

My thought was pretty simple. All of the songs I put up can be stripped of all parts. For example, if you just wanted the rhythm part to one of them to practice leads I can do so. I was thinking if any of you guys have the capability to import an mp3 and add new tracks I am definitely down for some online collaboration. I use Cakewalk, but any computer recording software should be abler to import an mp3 into a track and then let you add tracks to it and create a new mp3 with those tracks.

Think of it like the modern day jam circle!! :smile:
jackaroe1276
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Postby zoppenheimer » Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:29 pm

A friend told me that there's a website out there that does that: people post tracks, and then others add stuff, and both people get royalties if the song is downloaded. Cool stuff, I wouldn't know how to do something like that, but it's definately worth a try if there any computer savvy people on this forum.
zoppenheimer
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby jackaroe1276 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:35 am

any idea what the site is?
jackaroe1276
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Postby zoppenheimer » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:38 pm

No clue, as I said, my friend just told me about it. I could try googling it though.
zoppenheimer
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby zoppenheimer » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:43 pm

zoppenheimer
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby d-v-s » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:29 am

cool link. i didn't see too much stuff out there at the moment - 7 acoustic tracks, 1 blues track, 1 rock track, and some "electronica". I was cool to see how the songs built up from the simple acoustic to the drum, bass, and lead - take the first acoustic track as an example.

looks like you have a have a good ear to play on this one, though, because you can't "see" what the other people are playing, and there's no tab or notes to indicate what they are playing.
d-v-s
710 ashbury
710 ashbury

Return to The Think Tank II