Loops for learning lead

Musical Theory Abound!!!

Postby KaCey0211 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:38 am

gr8fulbluz wrote:Guitar one mag did an art of Jam issue in Aug 2006. They had an "interpretation" of Touch of grey backing track. I think it is pretty cool and funny-thing i just put it in my computer to practice with yesterday
:cool:

I do want a dead instructional DVD, but I am not sure which one to get.

here is a NFA backing track that I found
http://www.guitarbt.com/index.php?page=dl_list&cat=Bo%20Diddely

I've downloaded several of Guitar BT's tracks. They're good, especially the ones with real instruments.

There's a Dead instructional DVD that's pretty good called Grateful Dead Legendary Licks, though it doesn't have backing tracks. But that's really about it except for some acoustic oriented stuff, to my knowledge.

There's also Guitar Port Online that has a number of bts, but only Franklin's Tower is offered for the Dead.

I'm sure you know about the youtube video by jdarks and others. They're really the best out there. But again, no backing tracks.

Any thoughts on my question regarding how to remove the lead or rhythm guitar from a wav file?
There still is nothing like a Grateful Dead concert
KaCey0211
rukind?
rukind?

Postby gr8fulbluz » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:53 am

KaCey0211 wrote:Any thoughts on my question regarding how to remove the lead or rhythm guitar from a wav file?

Hey KaCey,
I cannot do any fancy audio editing without screwing it up beyond recognition. wish I could. I am just lucky enough to record meself as bad as that is to start with :shock:

Good luck !!
gr8fulbluz
Magic Hand
Magic Hand

Postby Erictw83 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:56 pm

I'd just go for getting looper and make your own loops. Its easy then to make GD loops to play lead over. I have a boss rc-20xl (was a bit pricey-250, they make a cheaper one though for 170). Very easy to use, very fun, and most definately helpful in learning lead.
Erictw83
Brent
Brent

Postby groovemongrel » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:28 pm

I use jamtracks all the time. Great to improv to.
groovemongrel
710 ashbury
710 ashbury

Previous

Return to The Think Tank II