Happy 2007 - new features on Guitar Tab Creator

Happy 2007 - new features on Guitar Tab Creator

Postby phpbb » Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:30 am

It's new years and I've made some updates to the guitar tab creator:

1> you can now get to it via http://www.guitartabcreator.com

2> You can now add multiple rows of tabs in one session.

3> I have added a legend to the output.

4> The buttons were shuffled so that the screen is more managable at 1024x768 resolution. Also, browser specific buttons are hidden on other browsers (copy to clipboard).

5> I have added a "Display Scales" Button that allows you to visualize scales on the fretboard. When you click the button, you are presented with a choice of keys and scales. If you choose one, the notes to that scale, as well as all the keys in the scales are presented on the fretboard. You can highlight notes within the scale too.

The last item I have tested against other sites and feel its ready to review. If there is an issue with some of the scales, please let me know and I will correct it. If you would like a scale added in, I can do that too...

I have tested that it works in IE, Firefox and Safari. Opera is having an issue at this time so this new functionality doesn't work.
phpbb

Postby old man down » Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:54 am

I tried downloading the Tab Creator to use when offline, and it didn't work. So, that would be a neat feature to add.

So, for example, a click button that would automatically download it to your computer along with a shortcut icon and allow you to use it in its entirety, as when online.
old man down
Phil
Phil

Postby phpbb » Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:55 pm

something like that will be available in December...
phpbb

Re: Happy 2007 - new features on Guitar Tab Creator

Postby old man down » Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:02 am

phpbb wrote: If there is an issue with some of the scales, please let me know and I will correct it. If you would like a scale added in, I can do that too...

Just wondering why you went with five fret patterns, or maybe they're six frets, but a real stretch from memory, for positions 1 and 4, when even Kenny (Oh no, they killed Kenny.), in the archives, recommended the four fret versions as the best for our purposes?
old man down
Phil
Phil

Return to Guitar Tab Creator Comments