learning to solo?

Postby letitflow » Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:21 pm

oh, yeah low latency is important too for whatever sound card you get and also the card should have ASIO drivers. The audigy2 zs fits this bill. I'm sure many others do also.
letitflow
TC
TC

Postby caspersvapors » Mon May 01, 2006 2:52 pm

cool thanks for the info
caspersvapors

Postby sarraqum » Mon May 01, 2006 3:01 pm

I use less ellaborate set up. A mic thats connected to my PC and standing really close to my amp. I also use a software called Adobe Audition, its a mixing software that lets you record, loop and edit and all the rest. I simply record my strumming, loop it and then record solo over it.

But I am kinda interested in the whole plug-your-guitar-into-your-sound-card thing letitflow has going on. How much was that sound card?
sarraqum
Steal Your Face
Steal Your Face

Postby letitflow » Mon May 01, 2006 8:41 pm

well I'm in Toronto so the store I bought it at has it at $75 CAD which is about what I paid a year ago. So I guess you can find it in the US for no more than $65.

The thing to remember is it is OEM. Probably they have non OEM versions that are more expensive.

If you google it there is info about hooking it up to a guitar. Can't remember if I read this info in articles or forums or what though.
letitflow
TC
TC

Postby qiuniu » Fri May 05, 2006 3:27 pm

caspersvapors wrote:btw guys, when you record yourselves, are you guys using computer programs and shit? if so what kind?

I've been using Garage Band and I highly recommend it for ease of use, quality and options.
"Everybody can dance if they want to, that means everybody...That means you all can dance if you want to, in fact its nicer, there's no point in watching us, we don't do anything we don't normally do." Jerry 01/17/68
qiuniu
Brent
Brent

Postby letitflow » Fri May 05, 2006 4:47 pm

I also find a good place to practice is if you play over top when jerry's singing and not playing.

here's an example of a guitar mixed in at good levels. sounds almost like it is part of the song (I mean if you weren't a deadhead of course!)

http://optimizedsoft.com/songs/gdtrfb2.mp3

note: this is with guitar plugged straight into sound card line in with adapter
letitflow
TC
TC

Previous

Return to The Think Tank