BlobWeird wrote:Hey guys can you help me with the scales to a few songs.
if you could tell me the scales (B mixolydian etc.) Id be much obliged!!
Well, I hope I can help. Looks like I am in the same position as you - having trouble figuring out what scales to play. So, I figured I'd take a crack at it to see how I do, and if I'm wrong, hopefully someone can correct me and tell my why. This way, it's more like an active excercise, where I get to "work it out"....helps burn it into the memory easier that way
- I believe this is in the Key of G and the proper scale would be G Major (Ionian).
- Well, the first verse looks like it's in the Key of F (except for that last A...it doesn't match up, it should be an Am, but I don't know what to make of it), and I guess you'd just try to solo over the chords. I don't really know what scale to play over this part. As for the 2nd verse, looks like the Key of G, and the scale I'm leaning towards is G Ionian, but it's pretty ambiguous.
Doin that rag
- The 1st section is in the Key of G, but as for a scale to use, I'm lost. I (not knowing any better) would play over the chords as best I could. I think the 2nd section is in the Key of B, but that first "C#" throws me a little....shouldn't it be a "C#m" in the Key of B? Same deal on what scale to play here, I'm lost.
- Key of C, and I think the scale is C Ionian.
- I'm either leaning towards the Key of Bb or the Key of F, but neither seem to fit perfect. Can someone help with the Key/Scale on this one? (sorry, starting to realize I'm not that much help after all...)
- I'm pretty confident that this is in the Key of E and the scale is E Ioanian.
Ramble on Rose
- I'm tempted with the Key of A, but there's no "G" in the Key of A? Then again, the Key of G fits as well, but then the "A's" in the song would meant to be "Am" and the "E's" would be Em, which isn't the case. This one hurts my head...
- Key of E (but that C7 doesn't fit...is that just a passing tone?...nor does the Em fit, come to think of it...) and the scale I play is E Ioanian, though not sure if that's right.
- This one's tough for me. when I play this one, I just play over the chords, really. Pretty much just focus on each note at a time, always changing the scale pattern.
They Love Each Other
To Lay Me Down
Not Fade away
ok, my back is killing me, I gotta quit for now. Hope that helped, and I hope someone can correct me on my mistakes. I'll take a stab at the other 3 later if nobody else gets to them. Thanks for the thread, though, this is a great learning experience!