Local Radio

Postby Crowhead » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:02 pm

Here in Portland we get lots of Dead on community radio KBOO.
They even play full shows!!!
So I headed west to grow up with the country-Gram Parsons
Crowhead
tiger
tiger

Postby steve » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:05 pm

yem wrote:in pittsburgh 96.9 had a dead hour on sundays
unfortuately the station was sold and the new owner doesnt like the dead i guess, so they cancelled the show

bob fm killed it, man. 96.9, in my opinion, was the only consistently quality classic rock station in pgh. dve can only do so much...

Benthegoodbum wrote:Here in the middle of New York State I get the Grateful Dead hour every sunday at 5 pm on a station that plays mostly cool music. :

I'm in Ithaca right now and have been searching for the GD hour. I used to get that when I was back in pgh;but no more. What station is it?
steve
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby jck_strw » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:16 pm

http://db.etree.org/jck_strw - Tapelist
-----
"Now get back to the stands before I shave off half your mustache and shove it up your left nostril. "
Bad News Bears
jck_strw

Postby abspatz » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:04 pm

amy, do you get KBOO in eugene? its a local community station out of portland, and i know they broadcast throughtout a large portion of the valley and deep into the gorge....but down to eugene? not sure. anyhow, saturdays are money--early morning bluegrass, early afternoon dead, and then old-style blues. good stuff. but since its community radio, you never know what you'll get when you tune in...
abspatz
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Postby abspatz » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:08 pm

abspatz wrote:amy, do you get KBOO in eugene? its a local community station out of portland, and i know they broadcast throughtout a large portion of the valley and deep into the gorge....but down to eugene? not sure. anyhow, saturdays are money--early morning bluegrass, early afternoon dead, and then old-style blues. good stuff. but since its community radio, you never know what you'll get when you tune in...

sorry crowhead...looks like you beat me to the punch! :?
abspatz
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Postby tigerstrat » Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:37 am

abspatz wrote:
abspatz wrote:amy, do you get KBOO in eugene? its a local community station out of portland, and i know they broadcast throughtout a large portion of the valley and deep into the gorge....but down to eugene? not sure. anyhow, saturdays are money--early morning bluegrass, early afternoon dead, and then old-style blues. good stuff. but since its community radio, you never know what you'll get when you tune in...

sorry crowhead...looks like you beat me to the punch! :?

KBOO is 90.7 in Portland, 91.1(or 91.9? 92.7? the site lists three different freqs!!) in the Columbia Gorge at Hood River and you should be able to pick it up in Eugene & the Willamette Valley on 100.7 out of Corvallis.

They b'cast "Grateful Dead & Friends" every Sat. from 12:00pm-2:00pm, and twice a year on their fundraising days they make a 12 hour marathon of it!! I like when they play Legion of Mary stuff... now that's a radio rarity!! (I also love it when they mention upcoming Ramblin' Rose gigs)
tigerstrat

Previous

Return to The Think Tank