My Dream.

My Dream.

Postby b weird » Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:19 pm

Last night I had the coolest dream. I met Jerry Garcia! It was 1967 and I was a reporter and I was doing an interview with Jerry and the Dead. Here comes the weird part Jerry showed me the Intro to "Cream Puff Wars" and I just checked the tabs and the Intro Jerry showed me in the dream was actuall the real Intro, but Ive never even seen the Intro!!!!!!!!!!! How strange is that!?
b weird

The Think Tank

Postby phreaker » Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:58 pm

I had a dream that my best friend made a rather large sandwich with ketchup, salsa, chocolate sauce, and what would a good sandwich be without pastrami?

But isnt that wierd? Where do dreams come from? I would like to think that your brain controlls everything about you, but dreams, and all the sub-concious crap is beyond me. it is a very interesting subject though, i often find myself talking about the subconcious at times when the rest of my brain is in a rather...altered state.
phreaker

Postby jck_strw » Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:52 pm

"Do you know where dreams come from?

Acetolcholine neurons fire high voltage impulses into the forebrain. These impulses become pictures, the pictures become dreams but ... no one knows why we choose these particular pictures."
http://db.etree.org/jck_strw - Tapelist
-----
"Now get back to the stands before I shave off half your mustache and shove it up your left nostril. "
Bad News Bears
jck_strw

Postby ebick » Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:21 pm

jck_strw wrote:Acetolcholine neurons fire high voltage impulses into the forebrain. These impulses become pictures, the pictures become dreams

I had low voltage. God, I was so close!
ebick

Re: My Dream.

Postby shakedown_04092 » Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:45 pm

b weird wrote:Last night I had the coolest dream. I met Jerry Garcia! It was 1967 and I was a reporter and I was doing an interview with Jerry and the Dead. Here comes the weird part Jerry showed me the Intro to "Cream Puff Wars" and I just checked the tabs and the Intro Jerry showed me in the dream was actuall the real Intro, but Ive never even seen the Intro!!!!!!!!!!! How strange is that!?

Wow, that IS a weird dream....but a great one!

Reminds me of a dream I had about 2 months ago...one I'll NEVER forget. It was too real...

I found myself onstage at a Dead show, but it was a '90's line-up. I was at the front left of the stage (if you're standing on the stage) and the crowd was huge - bigger than one that could fill any stadium we've ever seen, but it was a stadium, that I am sure. The emotion swept over me soooooo hard though when I turned and looked at Jerry. He looked soooo good, sooo healthy. He had lost weight, his beard was trim, and his hair was short and neat. He looked so happy and healthy that I began to cry - literally. I woke up crying, and really for 2 reasons: one, because of the emotion, but two, because I didn't want to leave that dream.

It was so real...I could feel and taste the fresh outdoor air on my skin, there was a light breeze blowing, it was mid-day, I'd say around 4 or 5 p.m. And I must've been onstage when they came out, because the place was going absolutely nuts. Jer just looked around, smiled HUGE, looked over at Bob (I was to Bob's left, so when Jer was looking at Bob I could see right at his face) and gave him a little nod, and he starts the opening chords to Touch. It was so weird, too, because Bobby had longer hair like he did back in the late '70's, and when I looked at Phil, it was Phil like he looked like back in the late '60's/early '70's. I don't remember Mickey, Billy, or Brent, but I knew it was Brent on keys because of that synth sound I heard during Touch. So strange....

It may sound cheesy, but I'm telling you, I've never felt more alive, never felt more emotion in a dream before in my life. I believe that those dreams are real; somewhere, somehow, there's a world that exists because of our dreams, and we're all there. I lived it for a few minutes in that dream.

Keep dreaming - it's the dreaming that's real.
Play music, expand the mind, inspire...

"We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey" - Japanese poet Kenji Miyazawa

www.myspace.com/heavydime

shakedown_04092

And Here's Mine

Postby Laytonco » Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:43 am

My daughter became a Deadhead at the early age of 3 weeks old. She was born on 2/27/1993 and my wife and I took her to the shows at the Dean Dome in Chapel Hill that March. It was great. All of you, of course, were the kindest while dancing around us. My daughter slept the whole time, except during the break! Prior to Jerry's passing, Catherine got to see 7 shows. On the morning of 8/9/1995, my coworkers heard the sad news on the radio and came into my office to tell me. My first call was home to my wife. In tears she told me that my daughter had woken up that morning and said "Jerry flew over my bed last night." She was 2 and a half at the time. None of us have or ever will forget that. We will hold it dear in our hearts forever.
Laytonco

Postby pharewellphish » Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:57 pm

a while ago i had a dream and jerry was talking to me and he told me what i should name my band (cause at the time we didnt have a name and we were trying really hard to find one)

but jerry told me the name... and then i woke up

and it was just an amazing awesome name so i was looking for some paper or something to write it down... cause i always forget dreams right away

and i was looking for the paper but then i found the paper rbut i was thinking too hard about the paper and i forgot it

it sucked

theres my story
pharewellphish
Brent
Brent

Postby sarraqum » Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:58 am

My GD related dream was a bit more normal but maybe a bit weird, I don't know....

I dreamt that the boys were playing in school I used to go to as a kid and they were playing on this small stage but there weren't a lot of people at the show, maybe 3 or 4 people sitting on those really long gym benches. The strangest thing is, Mickey wasn't on stage playing, he was sitting in the audience and heckling Jerry and Bobby whenever they sang. Then Donna appeared and told him to stop interrupting the show....
sarraqum
Steal Your Face
Steal Your Face

Postby newcastlek » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:52 am

I quit smoking pot two weeks ago, about the third night after I began having really vivid dreams. I fell asleep the night before i was to see David Grisman quintet and dreamt that Jerry and Bobby were in my bedroom. Bobby was reading my new issue of relix and Jerry was playing the acoustic guitar while sitting in my chair. I told them we needed to get going to make it to the grisman show and Jerry said it wasnt important and made me miss the show.
newcastlek
Vince
Vince

Postby ssrythm » Wed May 10, 2006 9:13 pm

"Jerry flew over my bed last night." :cool:
Sssweeet!
ssrythm
Donna
Donna

Postby phpbb » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:52 am

I had a dead show dream last night. I remember Scarlet-Fire distinctly, and then there was a cluster of different images, from the lightshow, to the band, to the video displays.

It was induced by a 03/22/85 Hampton Coliseum show I was listening too before I went to bed. When I was listening to the show, I thought, "I wonder why the crowd cheered right there?".

In my dream, I found the distorted answer that only a dream could produce: The dead were showing a Chicago Blackhawk Hockey game during the Second Set, and the fans were cheering a great save. Also, in the dream, we (my wife and I) were in Chicago to see the show. I remember looking at her and going "ahh, that's why!"

I was at some Brendan Byrne Shows when they played the baseball playoffs during the set break, so maybe it was a combination of that, my wife being from Chicago, and a sweet show before bed. No matter, I got a free Scarlet->Fire out of the dream, not to mention some spectular hockey as a bonus...
phpbb

Postby phreaker » Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:59 pm

"Jerry flew over my bed last night."

if that happened to me, i probably wouldnt open my eyes and smile and cry tears of joy. honestly, i think i would open my eyes and immediately start screaming, and possibly even wet the bed.

but really, that is an awesome thing for a 2 year old to say. in 19 years, you gotta buy her a beer.
phreaker

Postby whitelacestrange » Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:21 am

i once had a dream i was in the woods (possibly camping) and i just began to here music, and as i got closer a closer i saw i was camping right next to a grateful dead concert, except it was the 1972 jerry, with the black beard, and hair and brown leather jacket. they were playing a really cool dark star and at the end of the dream i was walking around and met jerry just chilling and havin a ciggeret.

but i think one of the strangest dreams i've ever had is where i had the power to shoot soda out of my hands. and i used this power to fight evil old men in wheel chairs, and they could fly in their wheel chairs, and i was on a top secret mission to save the president. i also drove a hummer that was big as a house, and had like 6 levels. at the end of the dream i went sky diving.

i have awesome dreams like every night.
we must become ourselves before someone else does
- Robert Hunter
whitelacestrange
Pigpen
Pigpen

Postby st stephen » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:00 am

when i was younger i use to dream of dead shows all the time. Sometimes i would be in the last seat in the venue and i could not see the dead but i know it was them.

I had a vivid dream about phish one time where they were playing and i was so excited to be there, then the next night i had the same dream but i was front row and realized they were a bunch of phish look a likes and i was like these guys are lame.
st stephen
Steal Your Face
Steal Your Face

Postby b weird » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:36 am

I had a dream about two weeks ago where I was at a NRPS show back when Jerry was in the band, and I was back stage and I saw the band sittin around relaxin' before the show. They asked me to come over to where they were sitting and hey asked me if I played guitar. I said yeah, then I looked over and I saw Jerry and he waved to me. Then someone told the band it was time to start the show so I looked over at the person who said it then I looked back at Jerry but he was gone. Then I woke up.
b weird

Next

Return to The Think Tank