detox question

detox question

Postby yem » Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:52 pm

for many reasons that i dont feel like getting into on this post i decided recently to join the military.
i've done most of the paperwork, and basically the only thing me and my recrutier are waiting on is for my urine to clean up. i had been doing a good job at this, but on sunday i learned that one of my best friends had commmited suicide late saturday night. needless to say this was a minor setback on my being clean
i am supposed to be taking my "real" drug test in about three weeks and was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on various foods/drinks that will help flush my system

thanks in advance

nate
yem
Rosebud
Rosebud

Postby spilly » Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:56 pm

you should be able to clean up in three weeks if you had already started detoxing. You shouldn't have to take any extra measures.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend
and thanks for doing what I couldn't, we all have our wars to fight
spilly
Bear
Bear

Postby strumminsix » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:46 pm

Nate,
Thanks for taking care of us all and serving this country! For multiple reasons I couldn't do it myself. Long and short my knees are shot and I was "too smart to serve anything less than 8 years" and I couldn't commit to that at 17. (I don't mean to brag I'm very logical and that scored me very high on the military aptitude tests and they wouldn't take me to do anything less than nuclear engineering)..

As far as being clean nothing really works like they claim. THC store in fat cells and slowly secrete. Some things can help excellerate and others mask and sometimes they don't even really test the sample.

But the reality is that you are far enough ahead to worry about that but too close to ignore it. If you are looking to make sure, I'd suggest the following: low-fat diet, multi-vitamin daily, supplement your vitamins with Golden Seal which helps accelerate your body's natural function of secreeting impurities and finally a couple hours of cardio a day.

The cardio will help burn the fat storing the THC, the goldens seal will help flush and the vitamin is just plain good for you. Supplement all that with twice your normal water intake and you'll be fine.

Sorry to hear about your friend.

Sounds like you are making a positive step in your life and don't let anyone or anything stop that. I'm in my early 30s now and work mostly with non-vets but I've worked with vets in the past and say with 100% honesty that each one had a high level of self-discipline, strong commitment to their team, produced quality work and still new how to party hard without it impacting the job or family. All great qualities to have.

Best of luck to you,

Nick
strumminsix

Postby waldo041 » Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:14 am

ooh the the military piss test. i didn't catch what branch you were joining. U.S.M.C here. ooh rah, Semper Fi! dec 95 til dec 99 i been thru it and i can tell you right now that you need to start practicin that self discipline and be more decisive in your decision's not to indulge, at least until you actually get to the fleet and learn who and what you are dealing with. and even then be careful who you talk to and be ready to piss a couple times a year. you are government property and the bill of right's doesn't apply here you get a whole set of rules just for the military called the military code of conduct. you'll see. although i must tell you straight up that you may just want to let it go until you get out when you don't have a buddies ass to cover. they throw a ton of knowledge and training and it's worth it to learn with a level head because they are showing you how to save your ass and you might want to pay the best attention you can. the job's whole mission is war no matter what job you do. just want you to get a grasp of what a nobel commitment you are about to endeavor. god speed and good luck.

as far as having 3 weeks before you piss. this is what i would advise. WATER - drink more then you do now. double or triple your daily intake. this will make you piss a lot more and this helps to clean the pipes if you will. also RUN - this also cleanses you as you burn off the fat that hold's the thc. and since you are going into the military it is a perfect chance for you to get used to it, if you are not already. hope this helps and again good luck.

peace,
waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby waldo041 » Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:16 am

double post, sorry

peace,
waldo
Last edited by waldo041 on Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby ded1hed » Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:43 am

beer works well

ive heard of vinegar working well also, although ive never tried myself.

google sure gel and vinegar and see what u find
ded1hed
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby sarraqum » Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:30 am

Cranberry juice is supposed to do a good job. And water. Drink a lot of those two.

As someone said earlier THC stores in your fat and if you want to get it out of your system you need to sweat, a lot. So a lot of excercise, running, swimming, whatever floats your boat.

Oh, and three weeks should be enough to get clean.
sarraqum
Steal Your Face
Steal Your Face

Postby jademerchant » Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:21 am

Way to go joinig up. Id never do it, but i gotta love those who do

Im sorry about your friend

As for cleaning out your system

Ive got a whole bunch of experience with drug tests and how to fool em'. With three weeks you should be fine, espeacially with waldo's advice of running and water. But, if you happen to fall off the wagon again and need a real quick way to flush out your system there is one fool proof desprate measure. I warn you its not pleasent, but it works well.

You need to take about 20 asprin and drink 2 gallons of water. This works very well, and if you drink warm water and dont run around too much for about 8 hours afterwards, youll be fine, just a little tummy ache. If you make my mistake and drink cold water and then go for a 2 mile jog in central park, you might go into mild shock.

But try not to have to do that, its not particularly healthy.

Have fun in the military, and thanks for doing what must be done.

Good luck,
Nick
jademerchant
rukind?
rukind?

Postby yem » Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:00 pm

i appreciate all of your guys love and hope for the best........im gonna take what i heard and run with it............(i'm listening to brother esau, my suggestion check out the mars volta they will change your perception on music!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@!!!!@!!!!!@!!!!
(btw the MARS VOLTA is your god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
peace (and thankx on tha suggestions)

nate
yem
Rosebud
Rosebud

Postby yem » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:31 pm

i definately appreciate the love (budwich R.I.P)

i just took my asmat or whatever the test is that they make you take and i got an 89 out of 99

needless to say my recruter got a hard on

like i said i really appreciate the support, im basically doing this for my grandma (who just got diagnosed with cancer of the pancreas)

and believe me the support you guys gave me, along with my friends, definatley helps

thanks for the love

peace nate
yem
Rosebud
Rosebud

Postby strumminsix » Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:32 pm

Nice score! A score that high used to give you a bit of leverage. Don't be cocky but know that they want you and don't be afraid to step up and ask politely but firmly for what you want.
strumminsix

Postby Trystine » Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:19 pm

Congradulations on joining the military, all I can say is hang on and good luck. I scored an 89 on the asvab as well and ended up taking an air trafffic control position in the Air Force. I did my 4 years and now i'm making a very nice pay check without any college. I also, had the same problem as you do, except I only had 5 days to clean up all of my partying in high school. I just drank a lot of water and hoped for the best...just be careful once you get in cause they don't give you any warning for future tests.

Good luck
"Stupid music makes people do stupid things"--Anthony From Bonnaroo
Trystine
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby yem » Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:02 pm

thanks for all the support and suggestions
i PASSED!!!!!!!
i ship out august 16th
im going to be working on the electrical systems on the fighter jets(weapons systems, mavagiation, shit like that)
got a $4000 bonus for picking that field

thanks again
nate
yem
Rosebud
Rosebud

Postby strumminsix » Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:43 pm

congrats!
strumminsix

Return to The Think Tank