New Amp

Postby High Peaks » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:46 am

All good ideas, and cool ideas. My whole point though, is to get an amp in a small combo(1 x 12)
That way for smaller shows i doin't need to make 1 trip for my cabinet. 1 trip for my Twin Head.1 trip for my effects rack. 1 trip for all the cables and gcx pedal, ada 2fx pedal, etc. Then have to set it all up.

I want to carry in a combo, cabaple of headroom for a smaller venue( without a mic on it). Like i said, the larger venues i would just use my full rig. This saves my back and allows for more stage space.
High Peaks

Postby jonarobb » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:16 am

High Peaks wrote:All good ideas, and cool ideas. My whole point though, is to get an amp in a small combo(1 x 12)
That way for smaller shows i doin't need to make 1 trip for my cabinet. 1 trip for my Twin Head.1 trip for my effects rack. 1 trip for all the cables and gcx pedal, ada 2fx pedal, etc. Then have to set it all up.

I want to carry in a combo, cabaple of headroom for a smaller venue( without a mic on it). Like i said, the larger venues i would just use my full rig. This saves my back and allows for more stage space.

Yeah, I hear you. The Fender Deluxe Reverb is just not capable of the clean tones you need if you're playing un-mic'd. Again, above 4-5 on the volume, even with a sweet speaker like a JBL, the DR will have no more headroom, it's all compression and output transformer saturation. It might sound like it's getting louder but that's not what's happening. That's the magic of this amp. I only recommend against it because at that point it really becomes a one trick pony.

Here's one of my favorite lightweight combos. It's a Mesa. Not as heavy as the Mark series but packs an amazing punch for the price and packaging.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1991-Mesa-Boogie-50 ... dZViewItem
jonarobb

Previous

Return to The Think Tank