finger board

finger board

Postby ker1227 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:45 pm

im looking into a new acoustic and was wondering if anyone could give me there two cents on fingerboards. i am atracted the the dark ones (ebony, fiber micartas) but that is pure asthetic for me. Whats good? whats not?

thanks
ker1227
Billy
Billy

Postby Crazy 9.5 Fingers » Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:37 pm

I have an ebony board on my custom electric, sounds great, I also have one on a Larivee acoustic I have and don't love it. For an acoustic, I am not sure if ebony is warm enough. It is almost too crisp and not enough character.

For acoustics I really like Rosewood.
There are only two mantras. Yum and yuk. Mine's yum.
Crazy 9.5 Fingers

Postby shakedown_04092 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:06 pm

Crazy 9.5 Fingers wrote:I have an ebony board on my custom electric, sounds great, I also have one on a Larivee acoustic I have and don't love it. For an acoustic, I am not sure if ebony is warm enough. It is almost too crisp and not enough character.

For acoustics I really like Rosewood.

I have ebony on my custom as well and have been instructed to use lemon oil on it every time I change the strings due to it's nature of drying out & such (well, that description may not be perfect, but nonetheless...)

Do you do the same CR9.5? Any other tips for maintenance you can give would be much obliged!
Play music, expand the mind, inspire...

"We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey" - Japanese poet Kenji Miyazawa

www.myspace.com/heavydime

shakedown_04092

Postby spacehead333 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:58 pm

Does the lemon oil really help? My grandpa does that, and i don't know if i see a difference. How long does it take before they dry out?
steal your face right off your head
http://www.myspace.com/reelfootmusic
spacehead333

Return to The Think Tank