reverb pedal

reverb pedal

Postby razmablues » Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:36 pm

i have a marshall tsl601, and it had a great built in reverb, but it recently stopped working. i took it in to a local music store and they couldn't tell what is wrong with it. the reverb is required when i'm playing my LP, it really smooths out that rock hard sound.

what do you guys think would be a good, but not way too pricey reverb pedal? or maybe just a multi effect pedal ?

any help would be much appreciated.
razmablues
Mickey
Mickey

Postby tigerstrat » Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:03 pm

The Digitech Digiverb pedal sounds very good for the price. Other than that, maybe an Alesis Nanoverb... a pricier and better way to go is the RealTube RV-1, the tube T-Rex Roommate or the EH Holy,Holier, or Holiest Grails. The Holiest is very complex and tweakable and can get some amazing, fascinating sounds.

However to my mind, nothing- not even a stand alone Fender spring verb unit- can take the place of a good spring reverb circuit built into your amp.
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby razmablues » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:34 am

yeah god.. i don't know, my reverb was great, i think it's just a connection issue, because i haven't had the amp too long, i don't think it's falling apart already
razmablues
Mickey
Mickey

Postby tigerstrat » Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:48 pm

Did they try plugging it into a different tank? That would be a very simple and inexpensive solution, if it IS the solution. Should be either that or one of the associated tubes.
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby mrMix » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:19 pm

I use a verbzilla from Line 6. I place it in my effects loop. Actually quite warm sounding and has a nice ducking feature.
mrMix
Sitting plush with royal flush. Aces back to back...
mrMix
Brent
Brent

Return to The Think Tank