Reverb in effects loop

Reverb in effects loop

Postby BayAreaBB » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:39 pm

Where do people recommend placing reverb within your setup? I currently run my real tube reverb through the effects loop of my Trio. All other effects (octave, mutron, delay etc.) I have running through my gcx controller. I prefer to haver reverb on 99.9% of the time so I felt it was best positioned within the Trio's loop vs. my onboard effects loop, that would have to always be engaged if I wanted reverb on all my playing. Thanks.
BayAreaBB
Brent
Brent

Postby jackaroe1276 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:47 pm

Not sure that I' familia with the Trio or the GCX, however wherever yor reverb is it should be the last effect in the chain by standards. That being said experiment and see where you like it best.
jackaroe1276
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Re: Reverb in effects loop

Postby strumminsix » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:50 pm

BayAreaBB wrote:Where do people recommend placing reverb within your setup? I currently run my real tube reverb through the effects loop of my Trio. All other effects (octave, mutron, delay etc.) I have running through my gcx controller. I prefer to haver reverb on 99.9% of the time so I felt it was best positioned within the Trio's loop vs. my onboard effects loop, that would have to always be engaged if I wanted reverb on all my playing. Thanks.

If I were you I'd take the reverb and the delay and run then both through the GCX and both in the FX loop.
strumminsix

Postby myoung6923 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:52 pm

If you plan on turning them on or off then you will need to put them on one of the GCX loops.

I use a Boss Giga Delay DD20 and have the external switch set to control the preset switching. Then I use an unlatched footswitch with a long instrument cable to actually switch through the delay presets while being able to leave the delay up on the rack.

The delay is in one of the GCX loops and so can be bypassed using the ground controller or stepped through the presets using the footswitch. I don't ever turn the reverb off and in my opinion, imn most cases, it should be the very last effect in the chain - so I ran the reverb directly from the output of the GCX - and then into the amp. you can see a picture of most of the components here http://www.bigrhythmwine.com/gearheads/images/mobile1/DSCF0471.JPG
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us

http://www.fennario.us
http://www.youtube.com/fennarioband
http://www.facebook.com/fennarioband
myoung6923

Postby BayAreaBB » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:54 am

My delay is the last effect in my loop. So, if I am using the onboard effects loop setup with my GCX, wouldn't my guitar signal hit the loop on the Trio last, which is where my reverb currently resides? I'm trying to think through the guitar signal, from origin at guitar to final output through speakers. Does this sound right?
BayAreaBB
Brent
Brent

Postby mrMix » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:25 pm

I place my reverb pedel in my effects loop last.
Guitar>Wah>Fuzz>OD>Octave>Amp
Loop = Vibe>Chorus>Reverb
mrMix
Sitting plush with royal flush. Aces back to back...
mrMix
Brent
Brent

Postby BayAreaBB » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:28 am

So, I moved my Real Tube Reverb to last in my GCX unit. Sounds great coupled with all my other effects, except my QTron. When the Q and reverb are on together, the Q sounds distorted and does not have a clean envelope. Anybody else encounter this? Thoughts/recommendations?
BayAreaBB
Brent
Brent

Qtron...

Postby Tennessee Jedi » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:43 am

I got the Micro Qtron.Sometimes it gets muddied up with all the pedals going.Which leads me to the next question -do you like the GCX?I really dont have a clue about your Qtron probs.but the Gcx is a bypass gizmo,right?
Tennessee Jedi

Postby waldo041 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:41 am

reverb IMHO, should be ran after the preamp and before the poweramp. ran last in the GCX and it will be turned off when switched with the onboard fx loop, i am sure you are using on your guitar. if you do not have an fx loop in the amp or the guitar, then last in the chain after the delay is best, unless you run it in the amp effects loop that would be better.

try running the preamp to the reverb then the power amp.

peace,
waldo
Last edited by waldo041 on Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby BayAreaBB » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:09 pm

Thanks Waldo. I'll try running it between my Trio and Mac. For some reason, when I ran it in my Trio fx loop, the effect did not work (the loop was all the way 10), which prompted me to move it to my GCX.
BayAreaBB
Brent
Brent

Re: Reverb in effects loop

Postby jdsmodulus » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:00 am

PM me for more info. Last week Waldo and I worked out the Trio>reverb>gcx and mine sounds great.
jdsmodulus

Return to The Think Tank