Anyone good at making band flyers/posters?

Anyone good at making band flyers/posters?

Postby strumminsix » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:48 am

If so any help would be greatly appreciated!

What programs do you use?

How do you determine paper size?

How do you send a picture to background and words to the foreground?

Thanks!
strumminsix

Postby shakedown_04092 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:54 am

I don't have any experience in posters but I know if you can get the program "the print shop", we use that to make our magazine ads, and that should work for you. It allows you to add photos to the background and bring words to the foreground, as you mentioned.

Also, Adobe photoshop may work too.
Play music, expand the mind, inspire...

"We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey" - Japanese poet Kenji Miyazawa

www.myspace.com/heavydime

shakedown_04092

Postby strumminsix » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:24 am

shakedown_04092 wrote:I don't have any experience in posters but I know if you can get the program "the print shop", we use that to make our magazine ads, and that should work for you. It allows you to add photos to the background and bring words to the foreground, as you mentioned.

dude you rock! dl'ing 'print shop' now and have a crude one already done up with photoshop. i just don't have the patience to use photoshop and get good at it.
strumminsix

Postby shakedown_04092 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:09 pm

strumminsix wrote:
shakedown_04092 wrote:I don't have any experience in posters but I know if you can get the program "the print shop", we use that to make our magazine ads, and that should work for you. It allows you to add photos to the background and bring words to the foreground, as you mentioned.

dude you rock! dl'ing 'print shop' now and have a crude one already done up with photoshop. i just don't have the patience to use photoshop and get good at it.

I hear ya, me niether. I wish I did, though, because it apparently comes in quite handy.

PS - congrats on the sweet Jerry hand avatar!!! Man, can't wait to see what comes next!
Play music, expand the mind, inspire...

"We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey" - Japanese poet Kenji Miyazawa

www.myspace.com/heavydime

shakedown_04092

Return to The Think Tank