Getting in for free

Getting in for free

Postby stat » Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:40 pm

My favorite encore was Good Lovin in Augusta Maine after a blistering Dew - fall '84.

There were no tickets and me and this other guy just started picking-up empty cans and putting them into an emtpy trash can. We filled the can and then walked into with the trash can filled with empty cans. The security guards just assumed that we must have worked there or something and just let us in.

There was this half-inch gymnasium padding on the floor. The show was just a mess of hair and dancin bones. As Jerry said: "golden yummies" - "the best of everything was just all around." It was kaleidescope of sound. The music played the band for sure. Sweet dead-head babes were everywhere. The best!
stat
welcome
welcome

Postby Pigpen » Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:12 pm

haha nice story. Is it just me or all the dead head chicks really short? Every show i go to there all my height or shorter and im like 5'4 or something haha.
Simple enough
Pigpen
Billy
Billy

Postby ebick » Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:38 pm

My get in for free story was 1-17-79. That was a reschedule from a show cancelled at the New Haven Coliseum due to Jerry's bronchitis. Back then.....they used to rip your ticket. They did a radio broadcast the night before and actual allowed everyone in thinking the show was going to go off. According to my sister, who was there (I wasn't), about 30 min after scheduled start time, Weir came out and announced Jerry was too sick to play.

When they came back in January, I used a ticket stub from the show they had done there in May 78. In like flynn.
Ed

First Show - 5/5/77
Last Show - 3/28/93
ebick

Postby phreaker » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:57 pm

my mom drove leo kottke to to mother fucking TACO BELL, and they exchange emails regularly.

i get to see the virtuoso free everytime.
phreaker

Return to The Think Tank