Railroad Earth

Railroad Earth

Postby lostsailor8782 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:18 am

Went and saw Railraod Earth last weekend for the first time ... they are great ... I highly suggest goin on archive and checking out their 3-31-07 show ... really good stuff ... how can you not love a band who says .... "well the world is lying sleeping everyone in bed well me I'm still up flying trying to turn on my own head ...' The guy who actually turned me onto this show is a friend of mine who is actually one of the people associated with this site .. so I am here to give him shit .. after one song they said they were trying out some new stuff and he said I can tell .... well let me tell you something the song is called Loving You ... check it out on archive .. it is a beautiful song that brings tears of joy to my eyes ... SO JIM BEWARE IT WILL BE PLAYING EVERYTIME YOU SEE ME FROM NOW TO ETERNITY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :P :P
I only smoke it when I am awake... I promise
lostsailor8782
Bear
Bear

Postby AugustWest » Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:50 am

Had the same experience as you about 3 and half years ago. Saw them in a small bar not expecting too much and was completely blown away. Fantastic songwritters. I haven't missed any of their shows around here since. Hope to see them again soon.
AugustWest
Bobby
Bobby

Postby jck_strw » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:11 pm

Ha! Don't get my wrong, I love RRE, but if you can't bust their balls every now and then, you can't really say you love a band, can you?

Two things on that song, on that particular night:

--it was a bit rough around the edges
--it wasn't the right time for that song

The place was packed and they started off jumping, but brought it down a few (more than a few notches) with this slow-ass, not ready for prime time song. I just thought the placement of the song was more wrong than anything.

But I suppose you'll make me listen to it two dozen times, so I'm sure it will be my favourite real soon. :)
http://db.etree.org/jck_strw - Tapelist
-----
"Now get back to the stands before I shave off half your mustache and shove it up your left nostril. "
Bad News Bears
jck_strw

Postby lostsailor8782 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:07 pm

very good observation ... Susan said that she felt that your opinion was just that ... the placement and so forth .. and actually I have downloaded the 3-31 version (1st time played) and the one we saw and 3-31 BLOWS IT AWAY !!!!!!!!!!!!! Lets hook up this week Brother
lostsailor8782
Bear
Bear

RRE my new fav band ever

Postby bnhydro » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:27 am

i saw them play a few weeks back at irving plaza in ny. amazing amazing amazing. last time they played ny they did it at a brooklyn venue and it was so packed no one could hardly move. everyone come out to see them play cuz they just throw it down so well. harmonies, melodies.

their name is so perfect for them cuz when they are off on on of those slow jams its like they are just chuggin along on a choo choo train. no hurry whatsoever. earthy. rootsy. but somehow psychedelic!! :cool: :o :smile:

i gotta check out that 3-31 show u were talkin bout!

im a new member to rukind.org but been usin it for alittle bit now to start learnin dead songs on guitar. its helpful but i dont always find it to be so reliably accurate. gotta use my own ear a bit. but thats ok. its all part of the work and i hope itll just make me a better player.
bnhydro
welcome
welcome

Postby lostsailor8782 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:30 am

definately check out the 3-31 tape uea freakin haw
lostsailor8782
Bear
Bear

hello me... stoner moment?

Postby bnhydro » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:39 am

i was at the 3-31-07 show!!

that was the irving plaza show i was talkin about that i just saw. put me in the corner with the dunce cap. (and hopefuly a spliff to keep me occupied and clearly not remedy my memory loss problems)

lost sailor, were you at that show too? thought i saw that u were out of colorado.
bnhydro
welcome
welcome

yes!

Postby bnhydro » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:51 am

downloading 3-31 as we speak! and streaming it right now. lovin you is must so gorgeous.

what song writers. what musicians. im gonna be cheesy here but when they pick those strings they're pickin the strings of my heart too.
bnhydro
welcome
welcome

Postby HOWEYMAN » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:17 am

If any of you guys have Comcast digital cable on demand, check our RRE on the conceret tv section under music. (Jam Cam) pretty cool version of "The Mighty River"
HOWEYMAN
HOWEYMAN
Rosemary
Rosemary

Return to The Think Tank