Jerry-esque Peggy-O Lick

Jerry-esque Peggy-O Lick

Postby ycomp » Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:07 pm

I am not really sure what consitutes a lick. I prefer to call these things fragments because they are really short.

But I was listening to Jerry play Peggy-O and I tried to mimic something he was playing. I mean a couple of notes. Then I wrote it down. Then I tried to play it to Peggy-O again later, so it may not be the same tempo or accent but still it sounds not bad so I thought I'd share it here.

I'm not really sure how to write tab so if this doesn't
make sense, then that's why I've attached the mp3.

The [#] is the String ([6] being High E)

[4]6h7p [3]7 (wait) 9p7

In the mp3 I play this (not very well) and then the major scale.

If anyone knows any other cool (very short) nice-sounding "licks" that are suitable for re-use in other songs, please post them. Thanks.

http://www.uploading.com/files/L7SY59ZH ... 2.mp3.html
ycomp
TC
TC

Postby ebick » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:57 am

ycomp,

Thanks for contributing and using upload to send in an mp3 of what you are describing is very helpful.

Gregg created a really great and easy to use tab creator. I'm not sure if you are a aware of it. Check it out.

http://tabcreator.rukind.org/

Ed
Ed

First Show - 5/5/77
Last Show - 3/28/93
ebick

Postby ycomp » Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:08 am

Hi Ed, thanks... it's cool. However I was wondering if you or anyone knows of any tool that would create tab from simply typing.

I find searching the fretboard a bit cumbersome. For a one-off it is ok, but I was thinking to start listening to songs, figure out a thing or 2 and then record it so that I wouldn't forget. And then to tag the mp3 with the tab.

So to do this I would need a more efficient way otherwise I wouldn't do it (due to my laziness gene :)

Or is there a tab recording software that words well and is easy? (i.e. I don't have to use multiple software programs feeding into each other)

I mean for a guitar hooked to a computer (without MIDI)
ycomp
TC
TC

Return to The Think Tank