How did i not hear about this?

How did i not hear about this?

Postby squire758 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:27 pm

anyone know anything more about this situation? and what about the hells angels beating his ass?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mEoJQV8Fck
squire758
Jester
Jester

Postby ebick » Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:17 pm

oh yeah, that was some time ago.
Ed

First Show - 5/5/77
Last Show - 3/28/93
ebick

Postby caspersvapors » Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:09 pm

wtf
caspersvapors

Postby phreaker » Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:28 pm

damn dude. i met mike a few months back. seemed like a normal guy. maybe he is, maybe it was just a wierd "misunderstanding."

when was this, though?
phreaker

Postby strumminsix » Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:56 pm

It was about 2 years back. Even if he is not a pedephile, that whole situation was a bit too weird for my tastes. Nuttin' can convince me that it was innocent. There is nothing innocent about taking a girl away from her family to a secluded area in the wee hours even if it is just art.

Maybe alcohol or drugs were what caused it and I'd accept that but fuck that 's just wrong.
strumminsix

Postby Crazy 9.5 Fingers » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:05 pm

All I remember was that there was a report that came out that the Angels were "not kind to his genitalia" when they beat him up. I actually met him twice when I was living in NYC both times a few years before this went down at Jones Beach, which btw is a pretty great venue with wacky outdoor sound that just reflects all over the place, great for the audials Saw a bunch of great music there including a nasty Phish show there in I guess mid 90's. I met Mike in NYC on Broadway way downtown walking uptown on the East side of the street. I was on my cell phone walking up the street, yes, I am that guy sometimes. I saw Mike coming the other direction on the sidewalk, I told my friend on the phone to hang on for a sec so I could say hi to Mike. Mike stopped and was very gracious. I thanked him for all the great music and shows, etc. HE chatted me up about my then cell phone, commenting how he had never seen that model, I think it was the Motorola V60 C, he had seen the B in Blue, but not the C. That was when I decided we had run out of things to talk about. I thought he was a tad odd, and really a lot shorter then I expected, almost hobbit-like. He may be the most Baggins-esque musician I have ever met. HE didn't want to take any "art Photos" with me, I was sad until when years later we would all learn I was not his type.
There are only two mantras. Yum and yuk. Mine's yum.
Crazy 9.5 Fingers

Postby LazyLightnin » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:52 pm

:-? i remember hearing about it, but i never saw the story.....very very creepy. he prolly could have any girl he wants at any show any time, well almost, but you know what i mean. put down the candy and let the 9 year old go.....ffs gimmie a milf over that any day :shock:
LazyLightnin

Postby tigerstrat » Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:26 am

You guys are beating the fossilized remains of a horse that died a couple of epochs back...

Really dug Kottke & Gordon summer before last; hope that duo rides again.
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby phreaker » Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:51 pm

tigerstrat wrote:You guys are beating the fossilized remains of a horse that died a couple of epochs back...

Really dug Kottke & Gordon summer before last; hope that duo rides again.

my mom has been good friends with kottke for the past 10 or so years. i've been to more concerts of leo's than i can begin to imagine.

the shows with mike were by far the best.
phreaker

Postby squire758 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:30 pm

[quote="Crazy 9.5 Fingers"] HE didn't want to take any "art Photos" with me, I was sad until when years later we would all learn I was not his type.[/quote]

Luaghing my fat ass off, thank you for that
squire758
Jester
Jester

Return to The Think Tank