So, I was watching Maryland Public TV last weekend....

So, I was watching Maryland Public TV last weekend....

Postby wisedyes » Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:34 am

On Saturday night, they were having a pledge drive, and they were showing "The Closing Of Winterland" dvd. Various packages of the same were available as gifts for certain pledge levels. Maryland Public Television has a long history of trotting out the Dead when it's pledge drive time.

However, what was intersting to me was this. They had David Lemieux, the archivist guy for the Dead, in the studio with them as a guest. He was asked about any news from Dead land and he said that there was a The Dead tour coming up, with the Herring/Haynes/Chimenti lineup as in 2004. So, was this a repeat of an earlier broadcast ( which would seem weird as there were people in the studio to take your phone calls, etc ), or is this a actual new tour in the works? has anybody got any light to shed on this?
Out of the loop? I didn't know there was a loop!
wisedyes
Magic Hand
Magic Hand

Postby amyjared » Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:23 am

I watched that last year here in Eugene and they had David in the studio. I didn't watch when they talked (I'm kind of adhd that way), so I can't tell you if it was the exact same, but it sure sounds like it!
"The only funeral you should ever try to interrupt is your own, and that should be a full-time job." -Kinky Friedman
amyjared

Postby LazyLightnin » Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:49 pm

y aive see the Closing of the Winterland on public tv here in cleveland. great show. i almost bought the 4cd set at best buy , but it was $35!!!!! you could buy almost 300 cdr's for that . LOL
LazyLightnin

Postby HawaiianDedhed » Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:34 pm

We get that Closing of Winterland here too on Hawaii's PBS -- during pledge drives. Don't know about The Dead tour though.
HawaiianDedhed
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby waldo041 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:45 pm

buy the DVD, it has soul man and B movie from the blues brothers opening set. and a ton of interviews and still photo's. like bill murray leaving the next morning :cool:

peace,
waldo
waldo041

Postby LazyLightnin » Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:18 pm

i love bill murray, seen life aquatic yet?
LazyLightnin

Postby Erictw83 » Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:57 pm

i saw that too on mpt and it was a re-run, at some point during the show, i forget exactly when, they flashed the "show recorded previously" at the bottom of the screen. Gotta love mpt though, they're what turned me on the dead a few years ago when i saw the grateful dead movie on during a pledge drive
Erictw83
Brent
Brent

Return to The Think Tank