rotten neighbor kid

rotten neighbor kid

Postby spilly » Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:18 pm

I just had a confrontation with the rotten punk across the street, he's about 19, has a son, lives with his parents and thinks he's hard core. He's a white catholic male who lives in the suburbs. Now, I moved out of the city to get away from the noise and commotion.

This little shit just decided about 10 minutes ago to start blasting beats from his truck while it's parked in the driveway. I've had a long day, I'm tired. I'm not totally opposed to beats, I've been to a few raves in my day, but that's not what I need to hear at 9:50 in the evening. So I went across the street a kindly asked him to turn it down.
he then told me how uncool I was and that I was just jealous because I'll never have a sound system as nice as his.

I decided to have a pissing contest. I informed him that If I was to unleash the power of my sound system he would have a hard time hearing his. He laughed at me.

I walked into my house, entered the band room, and opened the windows. I turned on the digital mixer, the monitors the P.A. speakers and my amplifier. I miked the amp and ran it through the speakers at full power and played heavy blues guitar for about a minute and a half.

When I went back outside his truck was off and one of his boys gave me props on the awsome system.

Take that prick.

Beats in the car are fine, when there moving. be polite. turn it down at red light's and in residential neighborhood.

P.S. how do you hear ambulances, firetrucks, and polic cruisers with your music THAT LOUD.
spilly
Bear
Bear

Postby squire758 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:26 pm

dude thats fuckin sweet man you totally owned that kid. i hate pricks with their system to try to be all tough. and you owned him with blues guitar too thats on point
squire758
Jester
Jester

Postby phreaker » Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:29 pm

good stuff, spilly. nothing quite like showing up some hXc christian suburbain residing white kid.
phreaker

Postby hesgone95 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:21 am

ha ha...funny stuff. 'Hit me with music' huh?
Goin' home, goin' home
By the waterside I will rest my bones
Listen to the river sing sweet songs
To rock my soul
hesgone95
Bobby
Bobby

Postby Crazy 9.5 Fingers » Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:46 am

Great story! I live in Miami Beach and I can't tell you how many punks blast their systems driving around. I think people down here think Too Fast Too Furious is a real thing. The city actually passed a law last year that you can get a traffic ticket for having the bass cranked up too high though I have never seen it happen. Plus, I am into hip hop, I grew up outside NYC so I have always been exposed to it but some of the garbage out there these days is just terrible. I swear if I ever pull up next to car and they are blasting K-FEd, I will get out of my car and pull them from the car and slap them. Your story reminds me of Tommy Chong in I think Cheech and Chong's NExt Movie where he gets pissed at his neighbor, decides to go inside and rev his motorcycle engine continuously where the exhaust is funneled out his window right out into his neighbors rose bush. Neighbors suck! sometimes.
Crazy 9.5 Fingers

Postby HOWEYMAN » Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:03 am

Sometimes I wonder who exactly is keeping our music alive, rock-n-roll for that matter. I can't believe its the latter generations of youth. I mean it seems all that kids listen to now is hip-hop/rap. It seems to me its all about jockin ho's, half naked women dancin around escalades in front of mansions. (just watch Mtv or VH1 for 2 seconds) I mean I swear, I have never pulled up along side a yound person playing rock-n-roll or blues, just that mind-numbing heartless, un-felt music. I just don't get it. But I guess its really not about music or roots to them. Just trying to fit into this discraceful "pop-culture".
HOWEYMAN
HOWEYMAN
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby Billbbill » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:44 pm

Sounds like a scene out of a movie. Would of fit well in 'Half Baked' or 'Dazed and Confused'.

Good job Spilly

The kid got a hands on lesson in 'know thy enemy' school
Billbbill

Postby bodiddley » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:59 pm

You shoulda played some Yoko Ono, or a Donna Banshee wail from an early "Playing in the Band" at top volume. That woulda scared him straight.
bodiddley

Postby spilly » Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:34 pm

yeah, I thought it worked well

I like that Bill, "know thy enemy" school
good stuff

we have some sort of decible law in buffalo too, but I don't think thy equip cops with a decible meter, so nothing reallycould hold up in court
spilly
Bear
Bear

Postby Benthegoodbum » Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:59 pm

HOWEY...not all of today's youth listens to that crap. I for one am only 19 years old and I can't get enough of the good old age of rock and or roll. Not only can I dig the old stuff, but I happen to really enjoy a lot of newer music that is not of the hip-hop/rap variety. I am a big fan of Beck and Radiohead thanks to a friend of mine who happens to listen to many varieties of music. There are a lot of other bands I like but don't know the name of. So just so you know, there are still some of us keepin' it alive amigo.
When the going gets tough, the tough turn pro.
Benthegoodbum
Steal Your Face
Steal Your Face

Postby spilly » Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:16 pm

I love The Mars Volta, Wolfmother's pretty damned good too. Jack White's new band is pretty up to speed also, I think their call The Recounters or something like that
spilly
Bear
Bear

Postby Crazy 9.5 Fingers » Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:20 pm

Jack White's band is the Raconteurs and yes they are really good. Jack is really very impressive in the studio as a producer/player and gets some really great sounds on their album. LOOOOOOOOVE Wolfmother as well. I wish I still lived up in NYC they are playing in Brooklyn with the Mule. Great sounds. I am 33 and am glad to hear you younger cats dig on the same stuff. Bottom line is that good music is good music.
Crazy 9.5 Fingers

Postby phreaker » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:19 pm

I can't get enough of some new music.

Listen to Atmosphere or Aesop Rock for one song, and you'll like it to.

The beats are better, the majority of the lyrics are meaningful, and they usually always sing the song straight through, without repeating the same line over and over again.

For example: "oookayy, ooookayyy, yeeeeah, yeeeeah, hhhhhhookayyy"

Not too many popular modern rock bands come to mind when I think of good music, though. I guess one of the few existing rock bands that are still considered new, is Ween. Gotta love the Ween.

then again, I'm not thinking too much, so I know there's probably more.
phreaker

Postby LazyLightnin » Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:35 am

yes ive heard the aesop rock and atmosphere. the god loves ugly album, .....i think that what it was.
" i do believe in monsters, i call them officers" pretty creative for what they are. repetitive as hell tho =/
LazyLightnin

Postby Crazy 9.5 Fingers » Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:45 am

Big ups for Ween. LOOOOOVE those guys. A definite all time favorite band. We don't get much great music in South Florida but Ween was here a few months ago and it was incredible.
Crazy 9.5 Fingers

Return to The Think Tank