Gretsch Gear

Gretsch Gear

Postby China Cat » Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:17 am

My current main squeeze is a Fender American Deluxe Strat, and i am lookin to add a les paul -ish guitar to my collection. I saw the Pro Jet for a little les than 400 bucks. Anyone out there play/have played this guitar? Any information would be great
You do not merely want to be considered the best of the best. You want to be considered the only ones that do what you do. - Jerry Garcia
China Cat
Billy
Billy

Postby wisedyes » Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:42 pm

Pro Jets are nice little guitars, but nothing like a Les Paul. If your budget is around $400.00 or so, you may want to look at something like an Ibabez Artist. The Epiphone Elitist series are very, very good, too. As nice as a Gibson for less than half the price, and WAAA-AAAY better than standard Epis.
Out of the loop? I didn't know there was a loop!
wisedyes
Magic Hand
Magic Hand

Postby China Cat » Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:18 am

thanks man. listenin to the pro jet play, i saw that ur right, they sound not at all like a les paul. they do get a pretty cool P90 like tone cause of the mini 'buckers. think i might get one soon, but i will def. check out the epis and ibanez u recommended. ill let u know what i decide on.
You do not merely want to be considered the best of the best. You want to be considered the only ones that do what you do. - Jerry Garcia
China Cat
Billy
Billy

Postby China Cat » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:11 am

I went to guitar center to play on the Gretsch, and i was quite disappointed.no great feel, no great sound (buzz on e and a strings. it played and sounded about the same as a 250 dollar epi les paul. After looking at and playing aout 20 other guitars, i was ready to leave. I had checked out some ibanez artcore hollowbodies, which we nice but the single cut (which i prefer to the double) cost $350. I decided i didnt like the color blue on it and it was a little too pricey, but then i saw a red one next to it marked 300. same guitar, both new, different price. Turned out to be a misprint, but they had to sell it at the posted price. I got the salesman to take off the tax and 25 bucks, and i walked away with a 375 (with tax) guitar for about 275. its pretty sweet.
China Cat
Billy
Billy

Semi-Hollows

Postby Laytonco » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:21 am

Hey everybody!
Back in march, I bought a Schecter CS/H-1 for about $500 and love it! What tone. I will warn you that the Schecter's these days are Korean made and you'll need to have them set up properly. I'm definitely not a guitar snob, but I have an Alembic Tribute and a Gibson SG and this Schecter adds real "bench strength."

Peace
Laytonco

Postby wisedyes » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:39 am

Alright, Chinacat, good for you! Those Artcores are some really nice guitars, especially for the money. I kind of wonder how the hell Ibanez is doing it. If I wasn't already covered on the jazz box thing, I would take a long, hard look at those. Excellent selection.
Out of the loop? I didn't know there was a loop!
wisedyes
Magic Hand
Magic Hand

Return to The Think Tank