Happy Birthday Jerry!

Happy Birthday Jerry!

Postby Crazy 9.5 Fingers » Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:05 am

I think it safe to say here that you are the main reason most of us decided to pick up the guitar. Thanks. Puff one for JG today! :D
Crazy 9.5 Fingers

Postby Benthegoodbum » Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:41 am

Happy B-day Mr. G. Man I was at a Dead show on his birthday...back in '04 I believe and I don't know if it was the drugs but I felt like He was looking down on the show. I like to think it wasn't just the drugs, but man it put me in a damn fine place that night!
When the going gets tough, the tough turn pro.
Benthegoodbum
Steal Your Face
Steal Your Face

Re: Happy Birthday Jerry!

Postby phreaker » Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:25 am

Crazy 9.5 Fingers wrote:I think it safe to say here that you are the main reason most of us decided to pick up the guitar. Thanks. Puff one for JG today! :D

I'm way ahead of ya.

Happy birthday Jerr Bear.:smile:
phreaker

Postby tigerstrat » Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:05 am

We still NEED ya, we'll still FEED ya! HAPPY 64th Jer-Bear!!! :smile: :smile: :smile:
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby ebick » Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:08 am

I caught the show when Jerry turned 40......no, not the Oklahoma Zoo show, but the night before at Manor Downs in Texas. The show started late on the 31st and midnight hit during drums/space. They did fireworks during the intermission and during d/s for Jer.

On top of that, it was an incredibly hot show. Hard to believe we're going back 24 years for that one. I get the sense that lots of folks who frequent this site were not even born yet.

Man, that makes me feel old.

Party on Wayne!
Ed

First Show - 5/5/77
Last Show - 3/28/93
ebick

Postby jck_strw » Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:18 am

ebick wrote:Party on Wayne!

Party on Garth!
http://db.etree.org/jck_strw - Tapelist
-----
"Now get back to the stands before I shave off half your mustache and shove it up your left nostril. "
Bad News Bears
jck_strw

Postby whitelacestrange » Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:55 am

happy 64th jerry! thank you so much for all the joy you've given us, and continue to give us.
we must become ourselves before someone else does
- Robert Hunter
whitelacestrange
Pigpen
Pigpen

Postby wisedyes » Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:55 am

Man, do I miss Jerry, and the boys, and the whole thing. Phils' band and Ratdog are fun, but it just ain't the same, ya know?

It was just always good to know that as funked up as things in the good ol' US of A may have gotten, there was always the Grateful Dead for a sanity break, at least.

Happy 64th, Fat Man!
Out of the loop? I didn't know there was a loop!
wisedyes
Magic Hand
Magic Hand

Postby phreaker » Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:36 pm

And nothing's more American than the Grateful Dead.
phreaker

Postby Crazy 9.5 Fingers » Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:52 pm

ebick wrote:I caught the show when Jerry turned 40......no, not the Oklahoma Zoo show, but the night before at Manor Downs in Texas. The show started late on the 31st and midnight hit during drums/space. They did fireworks during the intermission and during d/s for Jer.

On top of that, it was an incredibly hot show. Hard to believe we're going back 24 years for that one. I get the sense that lots of folks who frequent this site were not even born yet.

Man, that makes me feel old.

Party on Wayne!

Thanks for that Manor Downs recommendation there Ebick. Yes, I was only 9 at the time of this show so I was not enlightened at that point of my life. It did get involuntarily stoned at Billy Joel at MSG with my parents that year though. I think it was that year.. I have always been big on the '82 GD recordings I had, a great rocking year for the boys. I gave that Manor Downs a listen to on archive today and it was slammin! Jerry is absolutely feeling it all over that show. Kudos your way.
Crazy 9.5 Fingers

Return to The Think Tank