GDSUCKS ban?!

GDSUCKS ban?!

Postby BlobWeird » Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:32 am

Hey ebick or ph is there a way to ban this GDSUCKS guy? theres gotta be right
BlobWeird

Postby phpbb » Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:59 am

I am investigating a more permanent solution. I've found at least two users using the same IP address to post to. Just banning by username will only let them create a new username again and again.
phpbb

Postby winston » Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:21 am

The other user at the same IP is Squier758, so you can't ban the IP without banning him/her... my guess is that the jerk is someone Squier knows, probably who saw the computer left open to this web site after Squier had been using it.

Given the low volume of the offenses, I think this is something you can weed out manually. And talk to Squier.

Thanks for all your great work!
winston
bruce
bruce

Postby st stephen » Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:58 am

whatever lets not let it bother us.

Lets just beat his ass!!!
st stephen
Steal Your Face
Steal Your Face

Postby BlobWeird » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:48 pm

Good idea with banning the IP altogether...and st stephen good idea with beatin his ass! haha gd rocks! and dont forget it
BlobWeird

Postby squire758 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:53 pm

winston wrote:The other user at the same IP is Squier758, so you can't ban the IP without banning him/her... my guess is that the jerk is someone Squier knows, probably who saw the computer left open to this web site after Squier had been using it.

Given the low volume of the offenses, I think this is something you can weed out manually. And talk to Squier.

dude that is exactly what happened im real sorry you guys i come to this forum all the time one of my friends must have at my grad party.
-sorry
squire758
Jester
Jester

Postby tigerstrat » Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:37 pm

yaaaawn... what we've never read a troll-bait post on a discussion site before? I grade it a C- for effort and an F for originality. Kinda sad that such a feeble attempt can succeed in eliciting threats of violence and homophobic counter-accusations. Where the heck are all the real trolls anyway? We don't even rate one I guess...

Squire758, to atone you must: find out which one of your friends used your computer and... go beat his ASS. Do not return until this is done! :x
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby whitelacestrange » Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:04 pm

squire758 wrote:
winston wrote:The other user at the same IP is Squier758, so you can't ban the IP without banning him/her... my guess is that the jerk is someone Squier knows, probably who saw the computer left open to this web site after Squier had been using it.

dude that is exactly what happened im real sorry you guys i come to this forum all the time one of my friends must have at my grad party.
-sorry

one thing still doesnt add up.....

if your friend was the culprit, he was able to not only create a new username, but use your username when he made the first comment of that page. in order for him to have done this he probrobly needed your password to change usernames.

i'm not saying your friend wasnt the culprit, but your not off the hook yet.

thats right, i'm detective John, be afraid biatch.
we must become ourselves before someone else does
- Robert Hunter
whitelacestrange
Pigpen
Pigpen

Postby fatcat » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:07 pm

hey, if sorry man, then just dont do it again alright squier. i mean, there is obvioulsy people in this world who dont like the dead, so if it happens a couple of times and we found the culprit, just tell him to stop and if he doesnt, then punish him.
fatcat
TC
TC

Postby squire758 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:05 am

whitelacestrange wrote:
squire758 wrote:

-sorry

one thing still doesnt add up.....

if your friend was the culprit, he was able to not only create a new username, but use your username when he made the first comment of that page. in order for him to have done this he probrobly needed your password to change usernames.

i'm not saying your friend wasnt the culprit, but your not off the hook yet.

thats right, i'm detective John, be afraid biatch.

as far as the comment goes, that was a fuck up on my part because i use the same password for everything (for simplicities sake) and a few of my friends do in fact know the password. so i come here all the time and i fuckin love the grateful dead so believe whatever you want
squire758
Jester
Jester

Postby phpbb » Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:07 am

I use the "remember my password" feature on my browser. So in reality, it is possible that they would have only needed to know the username, and the password would have auto-populated.
phpbb

New Punishment

Postby Laytonco » Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:53 am

Okay Squire,
No ass whoopin, but you gotta wear a chicken suit for a week!
Laytonco

Postby st stephen » Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:55 am

allright you better check your priorties and you better watch the crowd your runnin with squire.

hahahah

No its all good man...sometimes my friends are morons as well!!!!
st stephen
Steal Your Face
Steal Your Face

Postby HOWEYMAN » Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:31 am

well thankfully, "He's Gone"!
HOWEYMAN
HOWEYMAN
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby whitelacestrange » Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:17 am

alright, i beleive you man, just checkin'.
we must become ourselves before someone else does
- Robert Hunter
whitelacestrange
Pigpen
Pigpen

Next

Return to The Think Tank