Just some clip i found

Just some clip i found

Postby waldo041 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:29 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ5Pbcjd ... y%20garcia

check them bitchin at jerry midway thru. the most uncomfortable i have ever seen jerry on a stage.

good 9 minute clip.

peace,
waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby jck_strw » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:01 am

That Jerry clip is featured in the Festival Express movie (although it shows what Jerry actually says to the crowd in reponse to all the yelling). The movie documents the trans-canada music festival/train trip that a number of bands (Dead, The Band, Janis, etc.) took in 1970.

Bunch of free-music loving hippies!

Cool link, thanks.
http://db.etree.org/jck_strw - Tapelist
-----
"Now get back to the stands before I shave off half your mustache and shove it up your left nostril. "
Bad News Bears
jck_strw

Postby whitelacestrange » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:06 am

wow, great clip. yeah some of those rowdy crowds really messed things up. what a lack of respect, i tell you man if i ever saw anyone disrespect Jerry like that i'd take him outside and shut him up.
we must become ourselves before someone else does
- Robert Hunter
whitelacestrange
Pigpen
Pigpen

Postby Crazy 9.5 Fingers » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:52 am

Festival Express is a great film. I had always heard that Jerry wrote "Might as Well" about that trip which is one of the rare autobiographical tunes Jer gave us. So i was pretty pumped to see the movie when it came out. "Mission in the Rain" is probably the best example of a Jerry autobiographical ditty.
Crazy 9.5 Fingers

Postby strumminsix » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:21 am

Hunter wrote MAW but it was about that trip
strumminsix

Postby tigerstrat » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:33 pm

Crazy 9.5 Fingers wrote:Festival Express is a great film. I had always heard that Jerry wrote "Might as Well" about that trip which is one of the rare autobiographical tunes Jer gave us. So i was pretty pumped to see the movie when it came out. "Mission in the Rain" is probably the best example of a Jerry autobiographical ditty.

Maybe just biographical since he didn't write the words, but also "Lost my boots in transit, babe/ A pile of smoking leather"

Weir got autobiographical with "Heat come round and busted me"
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby phreaker » Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:52 pm

if only that guy yellin' at jerry knew how broke the dead were throughout the better part of their 30 years
phreaker

Return to The Think Tank