psilosybin

psilosybin

Postby abspatz » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:28 pm

not really related to what people usually post on here...but this is a pretty interesting study that was released today. i think some on here might know what they're talking about! :D the link to it on CNN.com:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/07/10/ps ... index.html
abspatz
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Postby sheshotseven » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:07 pm

i dont do drugs, but i think they should allow scientists to research hallucinogenics. there is a lot to learn from those types of drugs.
sheshotseven
tiger
tiger

Postby phreaker » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:44 pm

THE PAYOFF: Psilocybin may prove useful in treating drug addicts or terminally ill patients with depression. It may also enable the study of what happens in the brain during intense spiritual experiences.

man i better get depressed quick.
phreaker

Postby st stephen » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:51 am

excellent...when those drugs came into the main stream they were there for mind expansion. There was even a show on vh1 called the drug years recently and stated that the guy who discovered DNA (the scientist) and the structure of it use to experiment with lsd and the day he discovered dna he was experimenting with LSD.

It looks like the government should look into those drugs that come from the earth as a means for healing the sick, and helping society.

Don't get me wrong i am not saying we should all take drugs i am just saying there are benifits to some of them and they should be researched.
st stephen
Steal Your Face
Steal Your Face

Postby jck_strw » Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:19 am

For a very interesting look into one of the premier pharmacologists who designed and tested hundreds of psychedelics, look for a book called Pihkal: A Chemical Love Story, by Alexander Shulgin. A fascinating read for those interested in this kinda stuff. The first half of the book is much better (the first half was written by Alexander, the second half was written by his wife), but it's still a good read.

You can read about Alexander Shulgin here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shulgin
http://db.etree.org/jck_strw - Tapelist
-----
"Now get back to the stands before I shave off half your mustache and shove it up your left nostril. "
Bad News Bears
jck_strw

Postby tigerstrat » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:36 am

jck_strw wrote:a book called Pihkal: A Chemical Love Story, by Alexander Shulgin.

That's his book on psilocybe-derived psychedelics. Pihkal stands for "Phenethylamines I Have Known And Loved" ... his other great book on DMT-related drugs in nature or otherwise is called Tihkal or "Tryptamines I Have Known And Loved"
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby abspatz » Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:32 pm

another great book on this subject is aldus huxley's "doors of perception"...i enjoyed that one--he took mescaline and wandered around a friend's garden, then wrote about his experience.

my favorite part of the story from CNN is that 33% of the respondants were "very frightened, even in a controlled setting... absolutely don't try this at home". I agree, its much more fun to try this at a show! now excuse me while i get ready to head to eugene for 2 nights of panic!
abspatz
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Postby tigerstrat » Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:38 pm

If I ever partake in such sacraments again, it will probably not be in a show or crowded/chaotic setting, like a concert. But have fun!! You going to the Edgefield show, Ab?
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby phreaker » Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:14 pm

tigerstrat wrote:If I ever partake in such sacraments again, it will probably not be in a show or crowded/chaotic setting, like a concert. But have fun!! You going to the Edgefield show, Ab?

I couldnt imagine doing that stuff at a show. If I had a dime for evertime i heard "1/8 headie shrooms" at wakarusa, I could purchase the state of Delaware. the one rule I will always remember about shrooms is NEVER take them is a crowded area where the you're surrounded by big shirtless sweaty wooks.

those people have got nerve.
phreaker

Postby nedcat » Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:14 pm

I agree....a good rule of thumb would be: When you take the mushroom make sure you have ...much room.
nedcat
Brent
Brent

Postby whitelacestrange » Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:22 pm

phreaker wrote:
tigerstrat wrote:If I ever partake in such sacraments again, it will probably not be in a show or crowded/chaotic setting, like a concert. But have fun!! You going to the Edgefield show, Ab?

I couldnt imagine doing that stuff at a show. If I had a dime for evertime i heard "1/8 headie shrooms" at wakarusa, I could purchase the state of Delaware. the one rule I will always remember about shrooms is NEVER take them is a crowded area where the you're surrounded by big shirtless sweaty wooks.

those people have got nerve.

my god..... i have had good and bad experiences with shrooms, both were definitly highly spiritual. i would never take shrooms at a show, maybe LSD, but shrooms are much more intense.

2 rules with shrooms-

1. always have a sitter
2. do it in a relaxed setting
we must become ourselves before someone else does
- Robert Hunter
whitelacestrange
Pigpen
Pigpen

Postby waldo041 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:42 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MshQ7b2g ... cid%20test

slighty off topic. but interestingly funny.

peace,
waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby weirimpressed » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:27 pm

Wow, I must have a low tolerance or something...

I ate some crazy shrooms at EOTO the other night in very crowded setting(ever been to the ga theatre?), and love taking some mind-expanding drugs at concerts...

why dont yall like taking them at shows? Is it a bad experience that turned you off the scene?

My main rule with the shroomies
1) have someone who is trippin with you haha it can get wierd if youre the only one trippin balls and everyone else is acting normal
weirimpressed

Postby gratephulphish123 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:25 pm

i tried shrooms for the first time recently at a moe. show. me and 3 friends gobbled those disgusting things for absolutely nothing cause they didnt work. later i learned that was for the best, i took em again two weeks later and i was completely persuaded a group of chairs was going to attack me. SO glad they didn't work in a crowded setting.
gratephulphish123

Postby mutant_dan » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:05 pm

It seems funny to me that the exact same comclusions were reached over 40 years ago....
mutant_dan
Bobby
Bobby

Next

Return to The Think Tank