Phil at Great Woods last night...

Phil at Great Woods last night...

Postby shakedown_04092 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:36 pm

Was UTTERLY amazing. Absolutely mind-blowing stuff. Cactus came out & played banjo for BE Women & Next Time U C Me, great stuff. Trey came out for the entire 2nd set (not the encore, though). An incredible St. Stephen > Help > Slip...

Here's the setlist:

I.
Doin That Rag
Deep Elem Blues
*Brown Eyed Women
*Next Time You See Me
Golden Road

(* - with Mike Gordon on banjo)

II. (w/ Trey)
All Along The Watchtower>
St. Stephen>
Help On the Way>
Slipknot!>
Nobody Girl>
China Doll>
Nobody Girl>
I Know You Rider>
Slipknot!>
Franklin's Tower

E: Donor Rap/Intros
Going Down The Road Feeling Bad
Box Of Rain

If Phil is coming to your area and you're not going, think again. You are going. You HAVE TO! Do NOT miss out on the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see this magic. I am beaming from ear to ear. We were so pumped after we got home from the show (at 3 a.m.) that 4 of us headed down to our jam space and played our hearts out for 3 hours. Our jam space is poorly lit (on purpose) with red, green, and blue light bulbs, so when I walked outside at 6 in the morning and the sun was shining bright, I wasn't too happy, but the experience was worth every minute of it. It was like Children of the Corn walking out of there, it was weird; we all sorta staggered out and disbanded, but it was pretty funny. Phil's making me feel like a little kid again and I love it!

For those who haven't checked it out yet, a great example of some of the energy you'll find at a Phil show is the Lady w/ a Fan > Terrapin from the Camden, NJ show.

Check it out here:

http://www.archive.org/details/plf2006- ... eok.flac16

You can either stream it by clicking right on the songs or you can DL it. I'd reccomend BOTH. Please give it a listen though.
Play music, expand the mind, inspire...

"We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey" - Japanese poet Kenji Miyazawa

www.myspace.com/heavydime

shakedown_04092

Postby wisedyes » Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:33 pm

Going tomorrow night ( 7/8 ) at Darien Lakes. Let me just say that I am PUMPED!!!!
Out of the loop? I didn't know there was a loop!
wisedyes
Magic Hand
Magic Hand

Postby steve » Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:29 pm

oh man, i was plannng on the darian lake show but had no ride. so pissed. phil rocks!!
steve
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby Erictw83 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:21 pm

Yeah, i was at the camden show and i must agree, PL+F + Trey are of fire. Great show, great vibe. It felt very american, the friday before the 4th, firworks, the philly skyline in the background, a battleship parked in the river next to the venue (wtf? right), and GREAT MUSIC!. I'm just sad i cant make it to more shows, and yeah the terrapin is a must hear in its entirety, half way through it just get nasty
Erictw83
Brent
Brent

Postby spilly » Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:09 am

It's 6 in the damned mourning and I'm up on my day off. but Phil plays Darien today and I just couldn't sleep
spilly
Bear
Bear

Postby spilly » Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:10 am

It's 6 in the damned mourning and I'm up on my day off. but Phil plays Darien today and I just couldn't sleep
spilly
Bear
Bear

Postby wisedyes » Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:19 am

Wow, Steve, that does suck. Had I known, I would have been happy to give you a ride; you have to pass by my way ( more or less ) to get there anyway. In the future, for any shows up around Erie, or Buffalo, Darien Lakes, etc, please feel free to hit me up.

I'd help you out today, but I'm leaving in about half an hour, have to go pick the girlfriend up in Erie first, etc.
Out of the loop? I didn't know there was a loop!
wisedyes
Magic Hand
Magic Hand

Return to The Think Tank