Neil Young--Heart of Gold

Neil Young--Heart of Gold

Postby abspatz » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:17 pm

I just got back from the theatre after watching Heart of Gold, and the only thing on my mind is... "is there anyone out there as good as Neil Young?" The words that come out of that man's mouth are beyond me. there is so much depth and honesty in his songs that I can't even begin to describe it. If you haven't seen this movie yet, catch it while its on the big screen. He gives one hell of a performance, and Demme lives up to the expectations after creating his Talking Heads masterpiece.
abspatz
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Postby nedcat » Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:17 pm

They don't make musicians like Neil anymore. He has influenced and astounded me for 3 decades and his songbook "Decades" was the first one I ever purchased and I kept playin' those tunes untill my fingers almost bled or were dislocated. Yes, Neil Young is the reason I ever picked up a guitar!!
THIS NOTES FOR YOU!!!, Mister Soul!!!

:wink:
nedcat
Brent
Brent

Postby abspatz » Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:35 pm

no doubt about it! after seeing the movie i quickly came home to download the prarie wind album and re-energize myself with harvest moon. (i misplaced my old copy.) i was just telling my girl about how much his songs touch me....no matter how much i love the dead, or beatles, or panic.....nobody's lyrics can stir the emotions like neil can. sitting in the theatre, i can count multiple times when there was a lump in my throat. blew me away! :D
abspatz
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Return to The Think Tank