work.--movies

work.--movies

Postby steve » Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:42 am

alright, the longer i sit here at my desk staring at this compueter, the more i find myself refreshing this page in hopes of finding a discussion in which there are frequent posts, something interesting to read. im having a rather boring day at work here, not to mention soft rock is playing in the office (i am in utter amazement that people actually enjoy this "music"!) anyway, to the point of this post..

I am a huge fan of movies, and I imagine that a good lot of you are as well. So, how about a little discussion about movies.

last week I watched Der Untergang (the downfall). its a german movie about the decline of the 3rd reich. very good.

i saw superman on wednesday. i liked it. kevin spacey is a brilliant actor and really played a good lex luther
just rented Kontroll, it is a hungarian movie, supposed to be really good but i haven't had a chance to watch it yet

i posted some time ago about dead man. Johnny Depp plays the lead and Neil Young does all the music. quality movie for sure. I gotta bunch more recommendations but i'll hold off for a bit

So, how about it? What type of cinema do you all enjoy?
steve
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby phreaker » Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:32 am

Not that I enjoyed it...well it was a good laugh...

It was called Iron Man something...or Something Iron Man...I can't remember the other part, the "Something" is an Asian guys name.

But it just follows this dude around his everyday life, and he slowly starts turning into a robot.

Like one scene, he pops a zit, and a little bolt comes out.

Anyway, to movies I enjoy:

Coen brothers. Anything by the Co Bros.

I may also sound like a teenage girl when I say this, But I like a lot of Johnny Depp too. Fear and Loathing was amazing. It followed the book pretty well. Ed Wood was excellent, Edward Scissor Hands was fantastic, and Blow wasnt half bad either.
phreaker

Postby amyjared » Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:13 am

I LOVE movies. Here are some of my faves:

Fisher King
Pulp Fiction
My Favorite Year
Big Chill
Shawshank Redemption
Usual Suspects
Rock and Roll High School
Godfather
Diner
Annie Hall

Of course, there are hundreds of others, but this is just off the top of my head.
"The only funeral you should ever try to interrupt is your own, and that should be a full-time job." -Kinky Friedman
amyjared

Postby phpbb » Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:22 pm

any clint eastwood movie: I love this quote: "Dyin ain't much of a livin boy"

Shawshank Redemption is a big hit with me

But I am mostly a stupid movie kind of guy:

Dazed and Confused
Tommy Boy
Old School
phpbb

Postby HOWEYMAN » Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:42 pm

I to am having a very boring day at work. Only twenty-four minutes to go! Fortunatly, I can listen to anything I want to all day!! This week, every day I have been on a Dead Phish marathon re-listening to all my old tapes. (yep, thats right, cassettes!) they bring back such great memories.

Anyways, I big into movies also. I don't own a lot, but I rent a lot. I like everything from 30's movies to present day Titles. I try to appreciate the film for what it is and what the director is trying to convey. I just seen this movie on Cable called "Duel" from 1970 directed by Stephen Speilburgh. This is a great movie.

Movies I have seen over and over and can not get tired of are Urban Cowboy (c'mon, you like it to, I mean evry Bud needs a Sissy), Happy Gilmore (I don't know why), My Cousin Vinny (a real modern comedy classic).

But really I love all movies. If I had to choose my favorite of all I would Proably have to say "Star Wars". How many times have you all seen that one?lololo!!!
HOWEYMAN
HOWEYMAN
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby Billbbill » Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:55 pm

I just watched Skeleton Key the other night. I thought it was pretty good. It was a little creepy which was good but no real gore.

Best movie I'd seen in a while was Crash. I finally got around to that about a month ago.
Billbbill

Return to The Think Tank