Happy 30th Birthday SYF

Happy 30th Birthday SYF

Postby b weird » Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:56 pm

Today (6/26/06) is the Steal Your Face albums thirtyth birthday. I just thought that was interesting. Peace.
b weird

Postby nedcat » Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:58 pm

Hay Thanks for the tid-bit. I got 3 different style SYF tattoos that I am proud of and the logo is everywhere in my house, on my equipment, etc. Just never put the bumper sticker on my truck because somebody once told me..."plan on getting pulled over by the Cops on a regular basis". :o
nedcat
Brent
Brent

Postby phreaker » Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:36 am

I still don't see why this album gets so much crap. I have every single Dead album, and about half of the DP releases. Hell, it's nowhere near their best performance/recording. If we were to debate on that, we would be here all night!

But for just coming out of the crapshoot that was 1975, I think this album is alright. Mississippi Halfstep is stellar, and Big River is just as amazing.

I read somewhere, maybe on RUKIND, that they never released it on CD. I never thought of that, but if Gans could get a hold of it and HD it, I think it would make a good CD.
phreaker

Postby ebick » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:03 am

hhttp://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html ... Fie%3DUTF8

It is available on CD. I think the knock on SYF is truly the recording quality.....it suffers throughout. I don't know whether or not the original tapes could be remasterd to significantly improve it.
ebick

Postby b weird » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:02 pm

The sound quality is pretty good on the remastered version that Rhino put out in 2004. I wish they had rereleased it with some bonus tracks though.
b weird

Return to The Think Tank