Portland, OR

Portland, OR

Postby Trystine » Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:01 pm

A friend of mine just got a job in Portland and starts next month working at the airport. I was wondering if anybody has some useful info/tips/hotspots I can pass along to him. Tigerstrat I know your out in OR...any ideas?
"Stupid music makes people do stupid things"--Anthony From Bonnaroo
Trystine
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby amyjared » Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:51 am

There is soooo much. The Crystal Ballroom is a great venue and often has incredible music. Powell's bookstore has everything to read. Northeast is the new Southwest, Alberta being the hub of gentrification and upcoming stores. Anything from McMinnimins is nice for brews. If you want to cop, oh, hell, he'll figure that out pretty quick. Kidding! :lol: Anyhow, just some ideas off the top of my head. Tigerstrat, finish it off...
"The only funeral you should ever try to interrupt is your own, and that should be a full-time job." -Kinky Friedman
amyjared

Postby tigerstrat » Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:34 pm

I'd be glad to offer any tips that I can, but could you be a little more specific?
tigerstrat

Postby Trystine » Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:21 am

well, right now he's looking for apts. online and it'd be nice to direct him to the better parts of town to live. You know low crime, public transportation, and such. He doesn't have kids so school zones aren't relevant. Also, is there any benefits of living in WA and commuting?

From what I understand so far, Portland is a great place to live; maybe I should be trying to get out there myself...
"Stupid music makes people do stupid things"--Anthony From Bonnaroo
Trystine
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby abspatz » Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:21 am

public transportation is great everywhere here. the cool parts of town are all over....this place is like a bunch of little villages squashed together. i live on alberta right now, and thats a bitchin area...but if i had to choose a place to move, it would be NE Mississippi. and you always have the go-to for hawthorne or belmont. and I think the benefits of living over the river in washington are overstated. you'd maybe save a few hundred bucks a year...max...and you'd have to live in vancouver....
abspatz
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Return to The Think Tank