God bless John Perry Barlow!

God bless John Perry Barlow!

Postby shakedown_04092 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:11 pm

BBC NEWS | Programmes | Newsnight Home | Hollywood and the hackers

this link is listed below on the home page, but for folks who didn't see it, it's a great article/debate involving John Barlow, former lyricist for Weir/The Dead and gives me some hope that this community (read: not just us), after all the bullshit that I've read over the last few months involving everything from the Archive crap to VW's untimely death, that there is still hope out there and that free straight-forward thinkers who aren't afraid to challenge the opposition in an intelligent manor do, infact, still exist, and that the GD world isn't ALL filled with corporate mularkey. So I say raise your theoretical glass to John Perry Barlow and give a "here-here" to thinking outside-the-box! Cheers, John. And thanks.
Play music, expand the mind, inspire...

"We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey" - Japanese poet Kenji Miyazawa

www.myspace.com/heavydime

shakedown_04092

Postby shakedown_04092 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:19 pm

PS - is it me, or does Barlow look like that guy Buffalo Bob from the movie "Joe Dirt"? You know, the one who tells David Spade "he puts the lotion on the skin!" Hahaha...it's a pretty mindless movie, but it's funny nonetheless.
Play music, expand the mind, inspire...

"We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey" - Japanese poet Kenji Miyazawa

www.myspace.com/heavydime

shakedown_04092

Postby strumminsix » Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:32 pm

strumminsix

Return to The Think Tank