Downloading Shows ??

Downloading Shows ??

Postby ssrythm » Thu May 11, 2006 3:26 am

Excuse me if I should already know this, but the archives site linked thru Terrapin Station on here is where I have downloaded shows in the past via a link my bud e-mailed me. Now the vast majority of the shows I've wanted to download are streaming only. What's the deal? Is there anywhere I can download say 9-11-73? Someone bring me up to speed here please. Thanks E
ssrythm
Donna
Donna

Postby phpbb » Thu May 11, 2006 5:15 am

Here is a link to archive.org's policy on dead shows:

http://www.archive.org/iathreads/post-view.php?id=49758

but here's what they say:

About Grateful Dead concerts on the Archive

Audience-made Grateful Dead concert recordings are available as downloads while available soundboards are accessible in streaming format.

The Grateful Dead will soon be separated from the Live Music Archive into its own collection to avoid confusion about lossless availability. The metadata and reviews for shows and recordings, even those not available for regular download, will remain available for those who maintain direct links. No filesets have been deleted from the Archive; certain items are simply not public now. Prior to our completing the changes, text files are easily referenced at a separate database.

At this time, the Grateful Dead collection is not open to public uploads. The Grateful Dead Internet Archive Project (GDIAP) will continue its direct management of this collection for the time being.

As far as we know, there has been no change to standard GD fan trading. It is common for bands to have policies that differ between fan trading, versus archiving here.
phpbb

Return to The Think Tank