Great American Taxi

Place for the rest of the music

Great American Taxi

Postby DeadlyHeptet » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:27 pm

Local band here that I never paid much mind to, but I saw them at the Labor Day festivities in town last week and they smoked. Here's my current favorite R+R tune. This one is from earlier this year and has Barry Sless sitting in on steel.

http://www.archive.org/details/gat2010-08-07.matrix.flac

Go to the last tune "Good Night to Boogie".
DeadlyHeptet
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Re: Great American Taxi

Postby waldo041 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:12 pm

good band! you'll be happy to know the bass player edwin hurwitz is a member here.

peace,
waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby DeadlyHeptet » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:31 am

Hey Waldo,

I have known Edwin for probably 15 years. We played together many years ago. He had left the band a while ago now for academic pursuits. Too bad, we need as many great bass players out there as we can get.
DeadlyHeptet
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Postby jeffm725 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:41 am

DeadlyHeptet wrote:Hey Waldo,

I have known Edwin for probably 15 years. We played together many years ago. He had left the band a while ago now for academic pursuits. Too bad, we need as many great bass players out there as we can get.

Yeah, I was sad to see Edwin leave the taxi. I think the rhythm section of the Phish tribute band Phix are now the bassist and drummer for the Taxi, no? All those guys are great players.
.......................................................have you heard the one about the yellow dog?
jeffm725

Postby DeadlyHeptet » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:08 pm

jeffm725 wrote:Yeah, I was sad to see Edwin leave the taxi. I think the rhythm section of the Phish tribute band Phix are now the bassist and drummer for the Taxi, no? All those guys are great players.

I think the bass player is from Phix, not sure about the drummer. You probably know better than I do. Edwin does some gigs with Shakedown Street, the resident Colorado Dead band that has been around forever despite a lineup that seems to change constantly. And not sure everyone knows that Vince Herman, the front man for Taxi, is from the old local band Leftover Salmon. I am not a huge fan of the sub-genre of grass-jam music, but these guys bring it and do some excellent covers of Dead and The New Riders.
DeadlyHeptet
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Return to Tune Submissions