More legion of Jerry.....

Place for the rest of the music

More legion of Jerry.....

Postby jeffm725 » Fri May 28, 2010 9:06 am

found a couple items.....cleaning up the hard drive.....

This one is interesting, We do some Phish tunes on occasion and when we do, I bring out my Deluxe reverb to use for the Phish tunes, and use either a Boogie mark2a or a 68 Twin for the JGB stuff.
This particular gig I had my Mark 2a set up along with the Deluxe. Right before the first song (Finders keepers as posted below), My boogie shit the bed. So at the very last minute I just plugged the whole Jerry rig into the Deluxe input. The problem is that I forgot that I use an External reverb with the Boogie/Jerry rig (Digitech Hardwire reverb) and on the Deluxe I use the built in reverb, so when I plugged into the Deluxe I was DRENCHED with reverb, since both the Digitech and the onboard Deluxe reverb were both on (but I was too rushed to start he gig <and too baked> to figure it out). It actually works in it's own weird way:

Finders Keepers: http://phyzz.com/jeff/FindersKeepers.mp3

Here is a tune with the Boogie working:

Stop that Train: http://phyzz.com/jeff/stopthattrain.mp3
.......................................................have you heard the one about the yellow dog?
jeffm725

Re: More legion of Jerry.....

Postby tcsned » Fri May 28, 2010 9:59 am

:lol: :lol: been there done that

the double reverb sounds cool - not usable for every song but it worked there.

Nice stuff!
tcsned

Postby DeadAheadNH » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:33 am

Hi Jeff,

I LOVE THAT SONG !!!!!
... and you guys did it really well - thank you!

I've always wanted to cover Finders Keepers. Any chance you got anything at all written out to get me and the band jumpstarted on this?? That would be great if you did :peas:

and BTW - I just played an entire SHAKEDOWN on Saturday with the OBEL switch in the OFF position .... NO MUTRON THE ENTIRE SONG :-x
DeadAheadNH
Brent
Brent

Postby jeffm725 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:21 pm

marcuskeyser wrote:Hi Jeff,

I LOVE THAT SONG !!!!!
... and you guys did it really well - thank you!

I've always wanted to cover Finders Keepers. Any chance you got anything at all written out to get me and the band jumpstarted on this?? That would be great if you did :peas:

and BTW - I just played an entire SHAKEDOWN on Saturday with the OBEL switch in the OFF position .... NO MUTRON THE ENTIRE SONG :-x

Finders Keepers is Just a Groove in G. I believe it is 16 bars and has a turnaround of G > Bb > C that goes around twice.

Obviously there is that signature "RIFF" that comes at the end of each turnaround and at the end of the song. The other little trick with it is that the guitar and bass (sometimes together, sometimes separately) randomly tease just 1/2 of "the RIFF" starting after the 10th bar.
Now all that being said, one of us ALWAYS miscounts the bars, you can pretty much guarantee it, so the "verses" sometimes end up at unequal lengths! So we really just have given up on actually counting the bars and instead just play it by feel, and everybody keeps their head up, and the guy who is soloing gives a nod when its time for the turnaround to start. It seems to work a little better that way. At least for us.

I can tab out the riff (really simple riff) when i get home with a guitar in the hands, but you probably have already figured it out.
.......................................................have you heard the one about the yellow dog?
jeffm725

Return to Tune Submissions