2nd rehearsal

Place for the rest of the music

2nd rehearsal

Postby LazyLightnin » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:03 am

ok i got most of my bands second rehearsal from when we had drums. the mix isnt fantastic and you cant hear my bobby licks real well but at least its somethin. recording your band is so important, i had no idea how bad i sounded vocally on a few tracks. you never really know what ya sound like until you hear yourself on a recording. in my own ears my voice sounds drastically different that on the tape. after hearing the rehearsal i changed the way i went about singing these songs and singing all kinds of music everyday has gotten me light years from where i was.

had a hell of a time trying to upload to archive, there were 2 methods, the first of which told me it was uploading several tracks but nothing really happened at all. the second method worked but the fields weren't descriptive enough for me to not make a mistake :roll: . I accidentally put track1's name as the band's name...oops :lol:

http://www.archive.org/details/Bertha

thanks to all who check it out.

i invite all kinds of critiscm 8)
LazyLightnin

Re: 2nd rehearsal

Postby Tennessee Jedi » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:02 am

Yo
Checked out the Bertha and Playin' .... sounded pretty good for a 2nd practice. Lots of potential !
I didnt think the vocals were bad ... probably get better with each practice
Too bad keys were low in mix
Sounds like you guys are on to something ....
For constructive criticism I would say work on the endings. Dont forget about the endings !
Not much other than that .....
:smile:
Hey -you in for Fantasy Football again this year ?
:D
Tennessee Jedi

Postby LazyLightnin » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:01 am

thanx TennJedi.

Honestly, i omitted a few tracks that i wasnt pleased with my voice on. M voice was deep, far deeper than i had realized. and ya the endings, drummer was a bit confused. im sure the scarlet>fire ending is a bit frayed, but it is a 17mb track, so we put forth an honest effort!
LazyLightnin

Postby Billbbill » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:38 am

sounds good ll - got something going there. Not much criticism here except to say the lead guys tone is a little thin at times. Maybe partially due to the recording? Anyway, I should talk - as I'm perpetually in search of the "right" tone myself - for my part I think I'm gaining ground!
Billbbill

Postby GratefulPat » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:07 am

well when i read the part about you cant hear my bob licks i immediatly went to lisnen to halfstep as bob is sick in that song and i heard you damn well and sounded good...
Comes a time, when the blind man takes your hand and says "dont you see?"
GratefulPat

Postby LazyLightnin » Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:39 pm

thanks billbill and gratefulpat!

im glad you guys liked it.

listening to the misshalfstep i do show up at times in the mix but alas i can tell alot of the little bobby nuances i did/do cant be heard at all. im doing something small here and there over almost every chord change and i just cant hear it. ah well. 8)
LazyLightnin

Postby LazyLightnin » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:19 am

thats it? only3 replies?

i hope you all dont think it sucks and just dont wanna tell me so. i know the recording sucks.
LazyLightnin

Postby Tennessee Jedi » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:48 am

I dont think it sucks at all ....
How do you record the jams ?
We use a Zoom H2 or Zoom H4 ....
Easy and sounds decent ...
ImageImage
Tennessee Jedi

Postby strumminsix » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:43 am

LazyLightnin wrote:thats it? only3 replies?

i hope you all dont think it sucks and just dont wanna tell me so. i know the recording sucks.

There was good and bad in there. I listened to a few cuts. What kind of feedback are you looking for with those???

You only have 2 rehearsals as a band... You need ALOT more time to get to know one another musically...
strumminsix

Postby LazyLightnin » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:37 pm

im looking for constructive criticism really. anything that could help me grow musically.

harmonies were a little screwy and lead guitar can play better than that. when i say second rehearsal im referring to the drummer and keys, us string guys have been jammin' for a long time together.

im not sure what the bass player used to record us, but it was just a tiny little device and it needed to be eq'd also.

thank you guys for checking it out. it makes me feel better just to know it got listened too. :lol:
LazyLightnin

Return to Tune Submissions