Homemade jams

Place for the rest of the music

Homemade jams

Postby Stevo123 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:37 pm

I jam a lot with my roomates and we've recorded some stuff. I'm the only one out of us that's really into the Dead and jamming, etc. but they're all too lazy to learn songs or practice so we pretty much just end up free jamming lol. On some of the songs like "jammin again", "2DJ", "real mellow", and "asshanded to me", I try and do the Bobby thing with improvising chords. The other ones I play lead on. Check it out, maybe you'll dig some of it.
http://www.myspace.com/subluxationators
Stevo123
Mickey
Mickey

Re: Homemade jams

Postby George » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:38 pm

I enjoyed it. my buddies and i do the same thing - just make it up as we go. it's my favorite - i think this way we're able to each draw on our own influences, interests, strengths and hopefully create something that is somewhat musical and listenable. keep going!
George
Aoxomoxoa
Aoxomoxoa

Postby Stevo123 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:09 pm

We've basically all learned to play by jamming with each other, it makes it a lot more fun. We all started playing about the same time we started living together, so about 2 years now. Gives you a chance to apply new tricks that you learn. Trying to get the other guitarist to not noodle so much and I'd like the bassist to get a little crazier but it's still fun lol. I'd really like to hear what kind of jams other people are playing out there. Does anyone else out there have jams up online somewhere to listen to?
Stevo123
Mickey
Mickey

Postby BuddhaG » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:57 pm

hey steve man,

the jams sound good and i think there is some real potential for them to become "real" songs at some point. can any of you guys sing or like to sing?

some real catchy chord progressions and melodies in there man... someone should write some words for those songs.

also, maybe it would be a good idea to expand on the jams and be like, "guys, remember that jam the other night, well i came up with another part that we could add in" and try to get everyone to make the transition in a tight manner - thats always a fun challenge plus it keeps the song/listener interested.

peace
G
a whole new gameball
BuddhaG
Bear
Bear

Postby BuddhaG » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:00 pm

my roommate and i have recorded some jams and songs... it would be good to put em for posterity's sake and so they don't get lost on our computers... i'll try to find a few free moments to do that.
a whole new gameball
BuddhaG
Bear
Bear

Postby Stevo123 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:28 pm

Thanks man, glad you liked them. I can sing o.k. but haven't really ventured into the realm of writing lyrics or songs. I might start taking a crack at it, it's hard for me to find inspiration, though. I like the idea of pulling songs out of the jams. I gotta listen to the recordings more and see what I can come up with! I'm working on trying to get the other guys up to speed on theory so we can get a little direction and exploration out of the jams, especially the bass player. Although, I'm always surprised at what a bangup job he does considering he's only been playing about a year! It's actually funny because he's really anti-jam but then when we do jam he does great. Thanks for the feedback, i'd love to hear any jams you have!
Stevo123
Mickey
Mickey

Return to Tune Submissions