Jerry-Caster with the band

Place for the rest of the music

Postby tigerstrat » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:45 am

Pete B. wrote:fwiw, My fingers want to play that F#m>E>D>D#dim every time it comes around.

ditto that, when starting to space off a bit or not having broken it out in awhile.
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby Billbbill » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:24 pm

Yikes! I've always played the E on both halves of the verse! Guess I'll be lookin into this...
Billbbill

Postby Billbbill » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:58 pm

Pete B. wrote:Watch that YT.
It's A in the 2nd verse too.
He goes from F#m to A7.
Maybe not so critical after all that we all play F#m to A in the 1st half and F#m>E in the 2nd half?
That's the thing about claiming absolute correctness...
People jump yer shite!!!
:cool:

Here, let me try it...
There is definitely not an E in 2nd half of the verse.

Yee Haww!!!

At this point and time in my continuing evolution as a player...I'm with Pete B. - No E - :-)

So there! 8)

That descending line from the F#m down is what's deceiving. It also goes a ways toward explaining why JG played the chord forms with the figers he did - I was always a bit confused as to why he changed his fingering the way he did from the D7 to the diminished chord...but it seems possible that because of how he fingered the A7, it was a simple migration 'down' one string to the D7 form.

Here's a good look - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKtrz_fv ... re=related

I always play the D7 with my middle, pinky and ring fingers and hammer the D#/Eb for the diminished chord.

It's gonna take me a bit to get used to that freakin open G! I even toyed with the idea that that note was a G#/Ab thus making it like an Amaj7 or C#m chord but I don't think so.
Last edited by Billbbill on Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Billbbill

Postby Billbbill » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:31 pm

So as I've been messin around with this I'm starting to lean toward the Amaj7/C#m or maybe E6 would be the name. If only playing the D, G and B strings then it'd mirror the fingering theory I alluded to above even more closely. All fingers down one string for the D7. It don't sound half bad either. It also (conveniently 8))alleviates my weirdness with that G note.

It's a mystery wrapped inside an enigma! :-?
Billbbill

Postby Billbbill » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:27 am

jonarobb wrote:I'm one of those cats, admittedly, that likes sounding like Jerry(as much as humanly possible). That's one of the reasons I dig this board. We're all kind of out of the closet, so to speak.

Guilty! :cool:
Billbbill

Postby Emoto » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:29 am

Billbbill wrote:
jonarobb wrote:I'm one of those cats, admittedly, that likes sounding like Jerry(as much as humanly possible). That's one of the reasons I dig this board. We're all kind of out of the closet, so to speak.

Guilty! :cool:

Me too.

Speaking of "Guilty" it is a great Randy Newman song. Anyone else here know it?
Such a long, long time to be gone, and a short time to be there...
Emoto

Postby milobender » Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:07 pm

Here's a "You Don't Love Me" from Wednesday night... Still a few stinkers :shock: and the vocals are... well :oops: But there are some fun moments! :D

http://www.9mileskid.com/100908practice.html
Where's our keyboard player?

TJ, what good is it being the Kings of Wyoming, if we can't even summon a keyboard player? :hail:
Everything we know is wrong...
www.9mileskid.com
milobender
One More Saturday Night
One More Saturday Night

Previous

Return to Tune Submissions