Grateful Dead Bass tab

Place for the rest of the music

Grateful Dead Bass tab

Postby Dozin » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:51 am

Does anyone know where I can find some GD Bass tablature? Gotta buddy who is new to the bass and is looking to learn GD music. I'm trying to find Bertha, Jack Straw, Cassidy. Any help out there?

Thanks -Chris
"If you get confused,...
Listen to the music play"
Dozin

Postby GratefulPat » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:44 am

dont know where to find them, but those songs are pretty straight forward id say. otherwise there is about 2 or 3 bass players on the site who could help, only one on the top of my head is causebass. there band is rocking and he could probably help out
Comes a time, when the blind man takes your hand and says "dont you see?"
GratefulPat

Postby wisedyes » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:06 pm

Try www.bassmasta.net - he has some on his site. Don't remember if he has those specific ones, but I remember that he had some of the basic lines to Chinacat, Dark Star, FOTM, Scarlet Begonias among others. I'm in the same boat as your buddy - just hooked up with these guys and I'm learning the bass parts on the fly. Now that the nerves have worn off and I realize that I'm doing okay it's actually a lot of fun.
Out of the loop? I didn't know there was a loop!
wisedyes
Magic Hand
Magic Hand

Re: Grateful Dead Bass tab

Postby seraulu1 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:37 am

:wink: :smile: :smile:

ANDREA wrote:Cream, Red Hot Chili Peppers, the Jam, Spirit, BOC, King Crimson, Yes, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Jethro Tull, Hawkwind, X, Deep Purple, Status Quo, Badfinger, Earth Wind and Fire, Wire, The Ramones, etc...

hypnosis downloads

that's nice,thanks for that!!!
seraulu1
welcome
welcome

Postby SpaceYrface43 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:03 pm

get a hold of Rustythescoob on this one.
SpaceYrface43
710 ashbury
710 ashbury

Postby Grateful Dad » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:38 am

I get plenty of Lesh style bass riffs just from reading the bass clef of Grateful Dead sheet music books out there. Sometimes I have to adjust (octave) for notes on the piano being far below the low E on the bass, but overall I have had success reading the left hand piano notes and translating them over to the bass. Of course these lines are all idealized and Phil is Phil. But they will give you a good jumping off point for many tunes.
Another thing sheet music helps with is the rhythm, timing, and time signatures of the bass notes, something which bass tabs simply can not do.
Grateful Dad
Phil
Phil

Return to Tune Submissions