Chords for Walkin in the Sunshine

Place for the rest of the music

Chords for Walkin in the Sunshine

Postby ventura85 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:16 pm

mega dittos, long time listener first time caller. Anybody know the chords and lyrics for what Bob called the worst song on Ace? Walkin in the Sunshine. I kind of dig it. I couldn't seem to find them on the site. "Lookout here comes some free advice."

Short story on my id Ventura85. When I was 16 growing up in Ventura Ca my buddy Julian ask me to go surfing one night. He told me their was a concert going on down at the fairgrounds. Those of us in the know, knew on concert nights the lights from the show would make surfing at night much more enjoyable. Anyway guess who was playing? Although I did not make it into the show that night we hooked up with a group from Norcal. That night I did my first whip it, surfed while first set finished to "saturday night" and the most beautiful brunette from Fremont showed me her boobs :shock: Sweetheart if you are out there, thank you so much. As I've gotten older I look back 22 years later and realize how great that really was. Anyway how do you play Walkin in the sunshine?
ventura85
Wall of Sound
Wall of Sound

Postby CountryMile Cadillac » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:23 pm

I've always dug this song as well, never tried to play it
"Think I'll come back here again,
Every now and then from time to time"
CountryMile Cadillac
Jerry
Jerry

Postby Tennessee Jedi » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:24 pm

Hope you didnt deep 6 your wristwatch while surfing... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tennessee Jedi

Postby strumminsix » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:10 pm

strumminsix

Postby pappypgh » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:29 pm

Oh dear GOD what a horrible song. Sorry!! Bob wasn't the only person who called it the worst song on Ace....yikes.

:twisted:
www.theCAUSEjams.com

"Once in awhile, you can get shown the light in the strangest of places, if you look at it right." - R. Hunter

"If we had any nerve at all, if we had any real balls as a society, or whatever you need, whatever quality you need, real character, we would make an effort to really address the wrongs in this society, righteously." - Jerry Garcia
pappypgh

Postby ventura85 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:37 pm

No one ever said I had taste or common sense. Thanks for the direction.
ventura85
Wall of Sound
Wall of Sound

Postby pappypgh » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:54 pm

:lol: Sorry man....I couldn't contain myself. Wish I could help more...good luck to ya!
www.theCAUSEjams.com

"Once in awhile, you can get shown the light in the strangest of places, if you look at it right." - R. Hunter

"If we had any nerve at all, if we had any real balls as a society, or whatever you need, whatever quality you need, real character, we would make an effort to really address the wrongs in this society, righteously." - Jerry Garcia
pappypgh

Postby tigerstrat » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:04 pm

I probably have not heard that song in almost 20 years, and probably not more than twice ever.The opening line is the only thing I remember about it at all, and sort of a novelty-like feel. I guess I've paid almost no attention to songs that were never performed live... more songs that were done live but not in the studio! But I've seen it on DSO setlists. Very odd bird.
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby ventura85 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:14 pm

I've been thinking about it. If your feeling crazy this week pop in "Ace". Check up Walkin in the Sunshine again. I think the dead made a mistake not playing this one over the years. I think it had potental to be a staple. An early first setter for sure 8)
ventura85
Wall of Sound
Wall of Sound

Postby pappypgh » Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:17 pm

I'm not feeling that crazy.... :lol:

I have ACE on the ol' iPod....I have made it through this song ONCE within the past month. The last time it popped up, I hit my 'forward' button. :roll:

I would almost guarantee that Jerry wouldn't have wanted to play that song live. He shot down quite a few Bobby suggestions over the years, from what I've heard....
www.theCAUSEjams.com

pappypgh

Return to Tune Submissions