Without A Net - Sugaree -first time post

Place for the rest of the music

Without A Net - Sugaree -first time post

Postby Walknbluez » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:49 pm

Hey now :-) This is my first time posting in the tune submission section. I'm nervous :oops: We're not pros or anything, just five deadheads that love the music and want to play it as best we can. We've been playing since April of this year. Of couse, feedback is appreciated. I hope it's worthy for this section, there are some awesome bands on this forum. :hail:

http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_11076213

:peas:
Last edited by Walknbluez on Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Walknbluez
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Re: Without A Net - Sugaree -first time post

Postby JonnyBoy » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:57 pm

Sounds like you are all having fun and sounds good dude! That is the point of all this right? Sharing your music is what helps us get better. You will look back in a few months and feel good about the progress. What are you using gear wise?
http://otislotus.net/ Finally finished our new site...
JonnyBoy

Re: Without A Net - Sugaree -first time post

Postby Walknbluez » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:27 pm

Thanks Jonny...We are definitely enjoying ourselves in this little journey. What you said about looking back is exactly the reason we record ourselves is to check our progress. But....I can't tell you how many times we've had a recording failure after playing a tune just exactly perfect and poof, it's gone forever! We can only get together about twice a month but each time it seems to get a little better. This Sugaree was recorded back in September when we didn't have the drums properly mic'd so the drums are ambient. Two fo the tunes on the site I linked have the drums mic'd....Don't Ease Me In and the Space>Dark Star tease (technically not space because there are drums but it is spacey).

I'm playing a Fender Precision bass with a '62 reissue pickup into a Peavey VB-2 tube amp direct into the board. One of the guitarists plays a Michael Dolan Custom and a Fender strat. The other plays Gibson SG. Both are playing through tube amps and have pedals and such but I don't know at the moment exactly the details.
Walknbluez
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Return to Tune Submissions