A little Half Step (and making Charlie spin)

Place for the rest of the music

A little Half Step (and making Charlie spin)

Postby playingdead » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:29 am

Finally got around to working on some video we shot back in August ... this is an audience-soundboard matrix from Showcase Live in Foxboro, MA.

One of my favorite things to do when we're on stage is gauge how well we're playing by whether or not we can get Spinning Charlie spinning ... he's just to my left and watch him when we get to the lazy river portion ... pretty entertaining. I even got him to do the rare swim move in spots. LOL

We also have the first half of Jack Straw here, whereupon the camera up and s--- the bed the rest of the night ... the one that got away. Best watched and listened to fullscreen in 720p if you're broadband. A lot of this is wide shots of the band but there are some closeups toward the end.

As usual, Tiger -> AxeFX Ultra -> straight to the board.

I'm going to be putting one of my two Ultras up for sale shortly, complete with the Jerry patch, if anyone's interested. I picked up an AxeFX II a couple weeks ago, it's not even out of the box yet but I won't need the backup Ultra anymore.
playingdead

Re: A little Half Step (and making Charlie spin)

Postby PaulJay » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:59 am

Outstanding!! By the way, is that Bobby's long lost kid brother on Rythmn Guitar?
Last edited by PaulJay on Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
PaulJay
Billy
Billy

Postby playingdead » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:10 am

More like his evil twin ... LOL

Jim replaced Rob Eaton in DSO a few years back and probably would still be with them if he hadn't discovered that he was going to become a daddy and choosing to leave the road. He left the band, Eaton came back and has been in the band since. It always amazes me how similar his voice is to Weir's in timbre and range, and he kinda looks like him, too. Only shorter.
playingdead

Postby playingdead » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:59 pm

Assorted highlights ...

playingdead

Return to Tune Submissions