My band: Foldback Time

Place for the rest of the music

My band: Foldback Time

Postby tastyjams » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:56 pm

Hey everyone! I've been wanting some advice on my band, tone etc from some like minded people, so i figured here would be a good place to get some of that. We're called Foldback Time (Grayfolded reference!), we're all around 17, we have two drummers, a singer/rhythm guitarist who plays out of a les paul into a modded DRRI, a bassist who plays a 70's (?) Pedula into an SWR 350x head and a SWR Goliath 3 cab, and i have an SG with a bigsby, seymour duncan 59's through a blackfaced 71 Twin with Cannabis Rex's. We aren't really going for sounding exactly like the dead, but more of just an original jam band thing (even though we only have one original at the moment, and it sounds more indie/ psychedelic than jam band). I've been really stoked because since we recently added a second drummer, both me, my bassist and my rhythm guitarist got new amps, and me and the other guitarist started developing alot of Allman brothers-y harmonies to throw in to jams, i feel like we are really developing our own sound. I'll hopefully have some HD videos of all of the songs we do soon, but for right now i only have a video of our original that was taken at a jam session. Only one of our drummers is there, but he filled out the sound nicely by miking a set of bongos with lots or reverb and playing them with mallets. Apologies if the playing is a little sloppy, we had just wrote this song, and we were just jamming at our friend's barn, and weren't really aware we were being filmed. Anyway, thanks for reading all this, and i would really love to hear some of your guys' info.
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1851378974078&oid=253895996650&comments
Oh by the way, I'm using the Earth Drive most of the time on this song, I love how flexible that thing is 8)
tastyjams
Aoxomoxoa
Aoxomoxoa

Re: My band: Foldback Time

Postby mkaufman » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:49 am

I took the time to watch your FaceBook videos. I think you guys are very talented, especially for 17 year olds! It's more than the playing - it's the feeling too. I was thinking that you reminded me somewhat of CSNY and then lo-and-behold, the next video is Down By the River.

Sounds great - keep up the good work.

mk
THE best way to score gear: http://www.auctionstud.com

For discounts on extended Dell warranties: http://advantech-ny.com/mik/advantech/DellComputerWarranty
mkaufman

Postby JonnyBoy » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:54 pm

Nice guys, I got to see all the vids and you are on a great road... Keep it up you are really playing well together. Enjoy your youth and do this as much as you can with your free time, which should be plentiful as compared to someone with kids and a career. You have some really good material there. I am one of your fans!!
http://otislotus.net/ Finally finished our new site...
JonnyBoy

Postby tastyjams » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:41 pm

Thanks guys! I really am trying to enjoy this band, and milk at as much as possible, because both our guitarist and drummer leave for England to do shows with their other band every summer, and then next year our drummer is moving back there (good thing about having two! :lol: ) I'll try and get some more videos up, because all the other ones on our facebook are pretty outdated, as in, we sound ten times better now with the new gear and second drummer. It's really crazy how much adding a second drummer has completely filled out our sound, and made us all alot more inspired musicians, as far as jamming and experimenting goes. also made me decide to switch guitar teachers and start mastering the CAGED style of playing.
tastyjams
Aoxomoxoa
Aoxomoxoa

Postby tcsned » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:51 am

Nice stuff! You guys are on a great path!
tcsned

Return to Tune Submissions