Sugaree/JamminDead

Place for the rest of the music

Sugaree/JamminDead

Postby hippieguy1954 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:28 pm

Had a rehearsal/jam last week (minus our keyboard player... again) and thought I'd share Sugaree! Any comments welcome!

https://soundcloud.com/jammindead
Last edited by hippieguy1954 on Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim

First show: 1973
Last show: 1994
hippieguy1954

Re: Sugaree/JamminDead

Postby czyfingers » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:39 pm

Sounds good man! It's always interesting to me to hear a different (than my own) lead approach to a song. I think its good to do because most of us settle into a routine that could always benefit from some outside ideas and perspective. Your Jerry tone was quite convincing to my ears. Keep on rockin
czyfingers
Mickey
Mickey

Postby hippieguy1954 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:02 am

Thanks for the kind words, czyfingers!
After all these years of studying/listening to Jerry and The Dead, I try hard to avoid settling into any routine by following along the lines Jerry did...tasteful exploring, changing things up, making it a little new and different etc. I always loved when he did that and he did it a lot!
If I played as much as I've listened I'd be a lot better! :oops:
Jim

hippieguy1954

Postby jimmyschwinn » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:56 pm

Hey hippieguy, very nice jam indeed! I wish I could play as well.
I too, should have played as much as I listened.
jimmyschwinn
rukind?
rukind?

Postby hippieguy1954 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:25 am

Thank you for the kind words, jimmyschwinn! Very much appreciated! :smile:
Jim

hippieguy1954

Postby hippieguy1954 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:04 am

czyfingers wrote:Sounds good man! It's always interesting to me to hear a different (than my own) lead approach to a song. I think its good to do because most of us settle into a routine that could always benefit from some outside ideas and perspective. Your Jerry tone was quite convincing to my ears. Keep on rockin

As far as my Jerry tone goes, I've been working on and using Jerry's playing techniques for many years. I got into the JBL's and a '65 Deluxe Reverb and a Vantage guitar that I put Dual sounds into with split coil switches, 35 years ago. I could always get kind of close because of the technique, but NO CIGAR. I needed more specifics on Jerrys gear.

About three and a half years ago, I found this RUKIND website. Full of kind and like minded people and "low and behold" there's this very kind guy, Waldo, who has a website with the friggin holy grail of Jerry gear and information!
I think most of us have obtained the specifics and important details to iron out our Jerry tone from Waldo's site as well as his continued contributions here.
SO, I think a HUGE THANKS from many/most/all of us should go to Waldo. There are others as well and I thank all who contribute to the "tonequest", but Waldo certainly deserves mention in that regard.
Jim

hippieguy1954

Return to Tune Submissions